Casual User
Dec 6, 2018
Moncton NB
VetteCoins
Car
2002 c5
Province
NB
please help. I installed these wheels on my c5 base and it looks and feels like the rear wheel is beneath the inner fender so if I lower the car I believe it's going to fetch up. (pic of linear and tire was on lift and at an angle) I figured I would need spacers but am being told dont need them.. am I missing something. I pretty sure when I lower the car the wheel will toe in at the top a bit when suspension compresses which would be even worse. thanks for any help . 325/30R19
20200811_214144.jpg
20200811_214205.jpg

There's only a +1mm offset difference on these rims versus your stock, but the width is 9.5 inch vs 12 inch. What that means is from the centerline of the C6 rim, it is offset +59mm vs +58mm towards the spokes by that much distance.

The problem is where that centerline is (4.75 centerline vs 6 inch centerline), even if you have only a 1mm difference in offset, the distance from the hub to the outer spoke line is roughly 93mm while on the C5 rim, the distance to the outer spoke is only 63mm.

This means that the C6 rim is stickout out about 30mm or about 1.18in more than your stock rim. If your stock rim was barely within the fender, 1.18inch may be too much.

I have my offset on my C7 aftermarket rims moved in (less + offset) more than my stock z06 rims which pushes the rim out more. When measured, I have a 2-3mm gap on compression of the suspension at stock height so it clears my fenders when the tire goes up. When it is settled, the tire is 0.25mm at the fenderline making it look like it is flush with the body.

Reactions: Riley P
There's only a +1mm offset difference on these rims versus your stock, but the width is 9.5 inch vs 12 inch. What that means is from the centerline of the C6 rim, it is offset +59mm vs +58mm towards the spokes by that much distance.

The problem is where that centerline is (4.75 centerline vs 6 inch centerline), even if you have only a 1mm difference in offset, the distance from the hub to the outer spoke line is roughly 93mm while on the C5 rim, the distance to the outer spoke is only 63mm.

This means that the C6 rim is stickout out about 30mm or about 1.18in more than your stock rim. If your stock rim was barely within the fender, 1.18inch may be too much.
thank you very much man really appreciate it. all comments on Facebook wherr bolt right up or wont fit.

Did exactly this on my wide body 99 Vert, but I used 1" proper spacers, with bolts in the spacers - DO NOT USE LOOSE SPACERS - for the rear wheels which then let the tires clear the inside of wheel well, but stick out about 2 " past the rear quarters. Front Z06 wheels with 295/35 ZR18s did not need spacers but so close to front fenders that front mask clips got contacted so had to shorten Velcro. Installed flared fenders, 2" rear and 3/4" front from Lewis 5 in Michigan, lowered car about 1.5 inches and everything fit like a glove. Only problem with only 1.5" clearance to front air dam are roadkill, sloped driveways and speed bumps - but if you want "the stance" that's you price to pay. It all looks so good and will for you too, but I don't know how you will get 325/30 ZR19's to fit the rear without them sticking past the stock quarter outline.

Attachments

• DSCF6034.JPG
    DSCF6034.JPG
    428.5 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF6035.JPG
    DSCF6035.JPG
    385.3 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Riley P and 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.