Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
IMG_6808.JPG
Friends Steve and Dave dropped in today with Steve's 2006 Z06 Corvette. A great visit and lunch.

Attachments

• IMG_6811.JPG
    IMG_6811.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
View attachment 6436 Friends Steve and Dave dropped in today with Steve's 2006 Z06 Corvette. A great visit and lunch.

I have a question for you. You responded to a thread I had here on thoughts of buying a 2006 Z06 back in August and I have just noticed now. You mentioned that you were lucky when you purchased yours and I am finding especially now that prices are all over the place and generally high for mileage, time of the year etc.

If you don't mind me asking, do you feel that you got a good deal ? Where did you find the "deal" ?

Secondly, in the photo that you posted today of the red Z06 ( this is going to sound like a weird question ) what is the colour of the rims as I have noticed that the Z06's come in a very shiny crome rim or a muted stainless steel ( which I perfer ) rim like the one in your photo today. Was one an option over the other or ?

The Z06 427 cars don't come cheap. An LS2 or LS3 car comes in a lot cheaper. Steve's car appeared to have the silver painted wheels. That's what came on our 2005 originally as well. I would imagine that the polished and chromed wheels were on the option list as well for the Z06 cars.

There is something that I really like about that picture of Steve's car slinking up the driveway. All that horsepower and still smooth as glass. The aftermarket exhaust still let us know that they had arrived.

Ditto on the crown on the driveway. I find that I often make a lot less noise if I drive on the crown and then the far side of the driveway rather than the center. I have to being the FEL over to do a little smoothing one of these days.

Super cars though! And better weather than the current +2, 40 km/hr wind and 5 cm of snow expected here today!!

"Harvesting, what harvesting?!"

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Keith.. that driveway shot does look great... Creepin' up the driveway.
Almost high-centered..?

Graham
Our driveway slopes down to the road. If you don't keep it crowned, water runs down and washes the gravel out. I had to rake some of the crown off the driveway for our car at stock height. Steve's car has been lowered and probably scraped a little coming up the driveway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.