Apr 8, 2018
Sask
VetteCoins
Car
2008 corvette z06
Hey guys. Took my tires off to get a new set of wheels installed. And I noticed that all around the front tire (only the one side) there are a few patches about 4”by 4” of wear. And one spot Is almost to the wires. Would this be a sign of bad shocks I take it? Or what else would y’all look at to trouble shoot/replace.
Thanks.

Guess that didn’t work either.. it used to, I guess I need lessons on how to post pics again 🤔

Attachments

• iOS Image - 1660963813.png
    iOS Image - 1660963813.png
    278.8 KB · Views: 48
  • iOS Image - 1901194338.png
    iOS Image - 1901194338.png
    340.2 KB · Views: 48
Same tire. 2 different spots. As it’s like that all the way around. The first pic is just of the worst part.
From my experience that is caused by worn parts or bad alignment. Take it to a shop you trust for an estimate/opinion. I have had a shop I did not know give me bad information..

• Agree
Reactions: hemicat and Mitch10

I'm leaning towards the improper balance issue.
If it is a balance issue , you more than likely would feel a vibration in the steering. I am more prone to believe it would be an alignment issue..

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
The front tires are usually good at masking a balance issue due to being more or less independent. Especially when its just a slight imbalance. A very slight one would not be noticeable at low speeds, and only when you get to excessive speeds, would the imbalance be more prevalent as a shudder. A lopey cam or poly engine mounts and that imbalance shudder is tough to really feel for.

An alignment issue usually comes with some tracking issues. Some more drift when trying to drive straight or when doing longer sweeping turns, you find going right requires more twitch corrections than going left.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.