bayareaaa510

I'm New Here
Jun 13, 2019
Union City, CA
VetteCoins
Hey guys noob question i checked everywhere on google but I just CANT seem to find the answer for my question (i think?) I was wondering how to clean the MAF sensor on my 2008 Z06. I bought the car last year and wanted to make sure everything is running perfect and I noticed I kinda had a rough idle.
So I decided to remove the sensor from my K&N Intake, and I noticed i had oil all on the bottom of my throttle body, inside of my intake, and on my MAF sensor.

Do I just use the electrical cleaner for it? I saw a lot of people saying use MAF cleaner, throttle body cleaner, etc. i saw tons of youtube videos but they all show something else that looks similar to the throttle body but open and with a screen... this is just the small black plastic piece so....?

Hate to mess up my MAF sensor and have to buy a new one just because I used the wrong cleaner. Just want to make sure I’m doing things right. I’m new on this forum and I literally just signed up just to ask this question lol

Thanks in advance 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Im sure there are a lot of products that work, but for piece of mind id get one specifically designed to clean the MAF.

This is one thats available at CT, they probally have other brand names there too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.