Your right and the reasons are :Amount of Corvettes that have been produced since the 50's

Lack of disposable income in the states.

The Corvette cost and insurance.

Lack of interest by people under 50 yrs old.

That car has high km on it almost 200k thats why the price is so low.
Most would not buy due the the km's think it should have around 60-90k
for that age, mine was around 5 years old when purchased and had only
28k on the car the sale price would be much higher then.

That car has high km on it almost 200k thats why the price is so low.

Yeah I took note of that but even so I've noticed a couple more with low clicks asking mid twenties - that to me says an offer and eventual sale of low twenties. Besides it's a vert w/nav and lots of extras.

Wow, how things have changed since the spring.
My brother's '06 vert auto was $40k (private sale) but had only 8k on it.
Seemed to be the going price at the time and with low miles and exceptionally well looked after.

Last edited:
:confused:
don't agree with the insurance part - lowest out of my 3 cars (other two are sedans)

I have a perfect driving record and I cannot find anyone to insure my ride at its' appraised value for less than $3K per year (if they will consider insuring it at all). To get that rate I must carry a $2500 deductible on both collision and comp limit it to occasional use and drive it under 5,000 kms per year!

If it was 15 years old it would be less than $500 per year with only a $500 decuctible for the same appraised value with a several companies able to insure it. The part I have can't wrap my head around is why are the insurance companies penalize someone for simply having a newer car ...

Perhaps someone can shed some light here. :confused:

don't agree with the insurance part - lowest out of my 3 cars (other two are sedans)

+1 on that for me. My 'vette insurance is less than for my Lexus IS-F. I also asked what insurance would be for say a ZR-1 and apparently no more than for my Lexus.

These cars have to safer and more forgiving for insurance companies to do that.

C.

Terry,
me thinks you need another insurance company. For us in St. Catharines area
my '08 coupe was $900, while the new acquisition, '11 coupe, is $50 more.
The '06 Vibe is $920, go figure. $500 deductable, and both for full year of coverage.
Is Woodbridge considered a high traffic area, as that could be problemmatic.

Tony

As soon as your car is modded at all, and you tell your insurance company, they'll treat you like the plaque. Does anyone know where you can purchase late model (less than 15 years old) insurance for modded cars? Haggerty, Silver Wheel, State Farm, etc. all cater to older modded vehicles but do not want late model ones.

Terry,
me thinks you need another insurance company. For us in St. Catharines area
my '08 coupe was $900, while the new acquisition, '11 coupe, is $50 more.
The '06 Vibe is $920, go figure. $500 deductable, and both for full year of coverage.
Is Woodbridge considered a high traffic area, as that could be problemmatic.

Tony

what company is this?

come on man

Would you by this 190,000 klm car for $25000.00 $22000.00 $17000.00 $ 15000.00 or would you pass right of the bat because of the klm? I don't think I'd even entertain this unit for $10000.00
AND, AND secondly it frigging Nov. man. the price of sports cars of every kind goes down in Nov. also
look at the type of client this guy is going for .First line in ad "now that's cheap" then advertises 60 month payment plan. my god "a fool and his money" has never seemed more appropriate than with this car. I'd stake my 30 plus years reputation in the car business
and bet this guy didn't even pay $12000,00 for this car

Market is saturated with corvettes. when/if the c7 gets released things will get worst. this is the worst time of year to sell and the economy is terrible. :eek: but look at the bright side it's a great opportunity for some of us vette fans upgrade to some really nice cars finally. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.