IFakiezZ

I'm New Here
Sep 11, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Not current
Hello fellow corvette lovers, I'm thinking about buying a c6 with ls3 engine with manual gearbox. but I want it as a street car but at the same time can I take to the track and drive quite hard! so I wonder what modifications I would need to make it up to 500 - 550 whp?
cam, heads and exhaust systems come about how far? note that it should be possible to drive on the street without major problems. I do not intend to have turbo, nos or supercharge on it!!

Do i need any other mods like clutch?
Cant/wont buy a z06 or zr1 to get hp

Hello fellow corvette lovers, I'm thinking about buying a c6 with ls3 engine with manual gearbox. but I want it as a street car but at the same time can I take to the track and drive quite hard! so I wonder what modifications I would need to make it up to 500 - 550 whp?
cam, heads and exhaust systems come about how far? note that it should be possible to drive on the street without major problems. I do not intend to have turbo, nos or supercharge on it!!

Do i need any other mods like clutch?
Cant/wont buy a z06 or zr1 to get hp

Are we talking rwhp or flywheel hp meaning 470 ish at the wheels?

Sry. Want to go for about 500-550 rwhp

Ls3s are kind but you're still looking at UD pulley, headers, intake, tune, cam and ported heads at stock compression and pump gas. It should be street able but won't drive like stock unlike going with a supercharger. It's a fair bit of work.

Ls3s are kind but you're still looking at UD pulley, headers, intake, tune, cam and ported heads at stock compression and pump gas. It should be street able but won't drive like stock unlike going with a supercharger. It's a fair bit of work.
crap! but 550 motor horses then?

Awesome thanks for your help

Welcome, clutch will last you too at 470ish rwhp just fine assuming by track you mean the road course/twisties and not the 1/4 mile. Once you ask more than 70-100ish hp from the car going FI makes a lot more sense from almost every perspective or as said above getting the next version up.

Keep us posted and good luck with the hunt.

Welcome, clutch will last you too at 470ish rwhp just fine assuming by track you mean the road course/twisties and not the 1/4 mile. Once you ask more than 70-100ish hp from the car going FI makes a lot more sense from almost every perspective or as said above getting the next version up.

Keep us posted and good luck with the hunt.
Yeah road course :) i Keep postning when it's time :)

Reactions: Nik
If tracking, I would opt for a Z51 so you get the oil cooler, trans cooler, stiffer springs and sway bars, bigger brakes, and shorter gears, all of which are good on track.

Heads, cam etc. will definitely net you good power as long as you can get it properly tuned. Make sure you find a shop that can do proper tuning or else you'll be chasing tuning related driveability issues. A friend of mine did a short block swap to an 05 C6 with a 6.8L LS3, forged internals, ported LS3 heads and intake, and was making a better part of 500 whp, so I think you'd need to go that route if you want the numbers you're taking about.

Why not consider forced induction? There are a few supercharger kits out there that are complete bolt on kits, include the tune, with great reliability and near stock driveability, and then you don't have to take off heads or swap a cam which is a lot more work and shop time.

A track car needs to be a complete package, so you should improve tires, suspension, and brakes, before ever touching power, even though lots of people like to start with power because it's the sexier option. A track car should be balanced, with no part overpowering another, so getting the car to effectively put down the power, turn and stop, then learn how to use it should be the starting place.

If tracking, I would opt for a Z51 so you get the oil cooler, trans cooler, stiffer springs and sway bars, bigger brakes, and shorter gears, all of which are good on track.

Heads, cam etc. will definitely net you good power as long as you can get it properly tuned. Make sure you find a shop that can do proper tuning or else you'll be chasing tuning related driveability issues. A friend of mine did a short block swap to an 05 C6 with a 6.8L LS3, forged internals, ported LS3 heads and intake, and was making a better part of 500 whp, so I think you'd need to go that route if you want the numbers you're taking about.

Why not consider forced induction? There are a few supercharger kits out there that are complete bolt on kits, include the tune, with great reliability and near stock driveability, and then you don't have to take off heads or swap a cam which is a lot more work and shop time.

A track car needs to be a complete package, so you should improve tires, suspension, and brakes, before ever touching power, even though lots of people like to start with power because it's the sexier option. A track car should be balanced, with no part overpowering another, so getting the car to effectively put down the power, turn and stop, then learn how to use it should be the starting place.
The bottom part i isch know before 😂 but this Will be a track and street car, and where i live u can't Force induction a car Because then it will be illegal

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.