Tim C.

Regular
You're 5
Aug 22, 2015
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2006 Coupe
This is twice this happens after being parked all night and I come out next day to leave. I am able to start it and horn stops..Any ideas and thanks so much for any advice. Just had new battery put in a few days ago..

This is on a C6 or C5? My C5, the horn sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. I believe it's due to the angle of the steering wheel, which has nothing to do with your car, but I like to talk about me. Anyway, if it's a C5, any time there are electrical issues, it's either a low battery, which you shouldn't have, or the grounds/electrical connectors are dirty. There's 6 of them on the car that should be cleaned. Clean those and see if your problem goes away. If not, and I have time, I'll see if I can find what the wiring schematic looks like to see if there are any other possible solutions.

• Useful
Reactions: Rruuff Day
This is on a C6 or C5? My C5, the horn sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. I believe it's due to the angle of the steering wheel, which has nothing to do with your car, but I like to talk about me. Anyway, if it's a C5, any time there are electrical issues, it's either a low battery, which you shouldn't have, or the grounds/electrical connectors are dirty. There's 6 of them on the car that should be cleaned. Clean those and see if your problem goes away. If not, and I have time, I'll see if I can find what the wiring schematic looks like to see if there are any other possible solutions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.