10Fore

Casual User
You're 5
May 10, 2015
Midland, On
VetteCoins
Car
2011 Grand Sport
Forgive me if this subject has been brought up before.
I have the sliding hideaway front plate bracket that sits below the splitter and when the plate is visible it's too low.
It's also a bit sloppy and won't stay in place all the time.
I fit it with a magnet but it's not as secure as I want it.
I'd like one to fit in the grill that looks good.
Anyone get anything from a GM dealer that looks good on a C6 GS? (Part #?)
Any aftermarket ones?
I' don't want to drill anything.
Any in Canada?
Thanks for any help.

I would vote for leaving it off bet at the same time, I'm not going to pay for your ticket so take my advice for what it is. :D

Maybe give Manny a shout to see what different options are available as there might be something that works better.

I have a 2011 Grand Sport.

I had one of those under-the-spoiler remote powered retractable hide-away license plate gizmos. It wasn't cheap, up around $300 installed. No matter how careful I was, I kept nicking it on driveways. There just isn't enough clearance for them on a Vette.
After it unspooling 3 times, I took it off.

I took metal shears to the front plate. I cut it down along the top and bottom to fit inside the front grill opening. I gave it a very gentle bend for a perfect fit.
To prevent damage to the paint, I put a strip of tape along the top and bottom edge of the front plate.
I secured it in place with two very small zip ties that I clipped for a neat appearance.
Before I secured it, I took my GS out on the highway for a good run both with the front plate and without. It did not affect the air flow to cause the water temp to rise.

Legal, I don't know. I've had it in for a couple of years and never had any issues.
To me, it looks very good and doesn't spoil the beauty of the Vette's front.

I had one of those under-the-spoiler remote powered retractable hide-away license plate gizmos. It wasn't cheap, up around $300 installed. No matter how careful I was, I kept nicking it on driveways. There just isn't enough clearance for them on a Vette.

I took metal shears to the front plate. I cut it down along the top and bottom to fit inside the front grill opening. I gave it a very gentle bend for a perfect fit.
To prevent damage to the paint, I put a strip of tape along the top and bottom edge of the front plate.
I secured it in place with two very small zip ties that I clipped for a neat appearance.
Before I secured it, I took my GS out on the highway for a good run both with the front plate and without. It did not affect the air flow to cause the water temp to rise.

Legal, I don't know. I've had it in for a couple of years and never had any issues.
Any pics?

I too had one of those remote controlled license plate retrators but it got broken touching on something. Not very sturdy to start with so it doesn't take much to reck them. I have an idea in my head for a license plate bracket bent up from sheet metal that I am going to try this spring.

I ended up going to Home Depot and getting 2 L brackets.
Attached the license plate and protective cover to L bracket.
Drilled the L bracket so each bracket lined up to holes in splitter.
Remove 2 screws holding the splitter. (I attached on the right side of the car)
Slide the the brackets between splitter and bumper and replace the screws.
Less than $10 and I'm happy with it.
IMG_1154.JPG

You could always leave it off. Lots of Corvettes driving round with no front plate, including mine. Looks way better and I haven't been pulled over.....yet!

How long have you been running without a front plate on the car? I wonder if your area might be a bit more forgiving than the busier areas near the GTA....

How long have you been running without a front plate on the car? I wonder if your area might be a bit more forgiving than the busier areas near the GTA....
I took it off a couple of years ago. I do see quite a few Ontario cars with no front plates in Cambridge. Maybe the cops have better things to do. I think if you got pulled over on an unrelated issue they would ticket you for no front plate too though.

Reactions: Movie Muscle
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.