Jan 31, 2018
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2011 GS A6
Question for c6 owners that bought their car new in Canada. The owner's manual states that for cars that were built for export to Canada you can perform the short programming procedure to add a 3rd fob, but you need 2 recognized fobs to do this. Has anyone succeded in doing this, and if so how exactly do the 2 recognized fobs come into play?

The procedure above is for cars delivered to US dealers, and not for export models. I'm well aware of the procedure - it's in the owner's manual. The Canadian Immobilization Standards which apply to export cars destined for Canada have an overlay which only allows additional fobs to be programmed, but according to the instructions in the owner's manual, 2 recognized fobs must be present. But, there's nothing in the manual which explains the role of the 2 recognized fobs. I'm just wondering if anyone with a Canadian car has added a fob and how did they do it?
This is just out of curiosity, because my car is a US car that was imported into Canada. I've been able to add in additional fobs without problem, and in fact, I could delete all known fobs from the car's memory and start fresh if I wanted to. They don't change the software when a car is imported.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread