May 13, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2005 z51
Province
ON
Hey everyone!

My name is Frank and I am new to CCF, I purchased my corvette in November it’s a 2005 z51 with 38,800 Km, Im based in Toronto and my car is showing me 4 error codes on my scanner.

P0174-00 fueltrim system Lean Bank 2
P0430-00 catalyst system low efficiency bank 2
P0420-00 catalyst system low efficiency
P01710-00 fuel trim system lean

The car has some modifications take I can see like
- Blackwing SLP Air Intake
- Full Corsa Exhaust System

This is my first corvette and I want to continue to give this vehicle the proper care and love it deserves. I Hope someone has encountered these codes before and can give me some advice or knowledge on how to correct this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Has your car been given a new tune or is it still running the stock tune?? If you are still running the stock tune, IMO, you need to go somewhere to put it on the dyno and get a proper tune.
I’m sure it would have been tuned at one point but I’m not 100% sure, thank you for the information I’ll contact a shop that specializes in corvettes ! :)

Reactions: 12cents
Any update on this? I assume you've cleared the codes and they come back?

You don't need a tune with an intake and a cat back or manifold back exhaust, and those mods likely won't cause those codes. It sounds to me like it might be bad cats, no cats, a bad 02 sensor, or missing 02 sensors from the catayist codes and the lean fuel trim codes, so that's a good place to start. The only exhaust you need a tune for is headers, and the car should run just fine on the stock tune if you have headers, it just won't get the power increase.

Users who are viewing this thread