Featured Thread
Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
The project I undertook over the hibernation period was to construct a hatch partition which incorporated a hatch glass top partition that would replace the C6 cargo shade. I have the transparent top, and this also increases the interior noise. I purchased a padded shade for the transparent top as well, to use for the road trips.
All this was done for asthetics, and also for added noise reduction in the cabin. A while back, I added the insulation package to the interior, added extra insulation in the cavities in front of the rear wheels in order to limit outside noises from entering the cabin. We do lot's of road trips, so it is an important aspect for road trips to have the interior noise as quiet as possible so the music can be played art a reasonable level, and having a normal conversation without having to shout.
Here is what the rear divider partition and the top hatch partition look like. They touch each other just slightly when the hatch is closed, thus encapsulating any road noise in the compartment. The divider partition is made of 1" styrofoam board purchased at Home Depot in a 4x8 sheet.
The top hatch partition is also made from the styrofoam, but a 3/16" sheet of plywood is placed on top for added strength to prevent bowing of the top partition. Both the top and divider partitions have the C6 logo on plexiglas inbeded into the partitions.
The targa top can be stored in the rear, with both partitions in place. The front divider is bowed outward if you notice, so the top fit the contour of the partition.
Both are covered in matching C6 ebony carpeting.
I have the instructions in PDF if anyone wants to duplicate the partitions.

The project I undertook over the hibernation period was to construct a hatch partition which incorporated a hatch glass top partition that would replace the C6 cargo shade. I have the transparent top, and this also increases the interior noise. I purchased a padded shade for the transparent top as well, to use for the road trips.
All this was done for asthetics, and also for added noise reduction in the cabin. A while back, I added the insulation package to the interior, added extra insulation in the cavities in front of the rear wheels in order to limit outside noises from entering the cabin. We do lot's of road trips, so it is an important aspect for road trips to have the interior noise as quiet as possible so the music can be played art a reasonable level, and having a normal conversation without having to shout.
Here is what the rear divider partition and the top hatch partition look like. They touch each other just slightly when the hatch is closed, thus encapsulating any road noise in the compartment. The divider partition is made of 1" styrofoam board purchased at Home Depot in a 4x8 sheet.
The top hatch partition is also made from the styrofoam, but a 3/16" sheet of plywood is placed on top for added strength to prevent bowing of the top partition. Both the top and divider partitions have the C6 logo on plexiglas inbeded into the partitions.
The targa top can be stored in the rear, with both partitions in place. The front divider is bowed outward if you notice, so the top fit the contour of the partition.
Both are covered in matching C6 ebony carpeting.
I have the instructions in PDF if anyone wants to duplicate the partitions.
View attachment 25738
Nice work for sure. Still have room within reach for a bottle of water or other items needed while driving.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.