Jul 26, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2005 C6
Hi everyone !

My 2005 C6 coupe has this nifty automatic adjusting feature which, when working properly, lowers the window about half an inch when the door opening mechanism is actuated and just before the door latch releases (in order for the window to clear the top rubber weatherstripping, I suppose). After closing the door the system raises the window half an inch to the fully closed position.

Now, on the drivers side this auto-adjust stopped working. After closing the door, I have to manually raise the window the remaining half inch to fully close it. Although, when opening it seems to work and lower the window automatically, however, it's hard to tell because the door opens and window lowers almost simultaneously.

Does anyone have any idea where the problem is? Do I have to take of the entire door-panel to check the power window motor and sensors?:Banghead:

Many thanks for advice !

Hi @the-pipe-bender. Did you disconnect the battery or lose paper to the car for some reason? The first thing I would try is reset your windows. You can do this by lowering both windows completely while car is on and raising completely. Release switches and then re-engage up and hold for 3 seconds. This method resets the full up function and therefore the windows should now drop that slight amount when you open the door and close once door is closed.

Hi everyone !

My 2005 C6 coupe has this nifty automatic adjusting feature which, when working properly, lowers the window about half an inch when the door opening mechanism is actuated and just before the door latch releases (in order for the window to clear the top rubber weatherstripping, I suppose). After closing the door the system raises the window half an inch to the fully closed position.

Now, on the drivers side this auto-adjust stopped working. After closing the door, I have to manually raise the window the remaining half inch to fully close it. Although, when opening it seems to work and lower the window automatically, however, it's hard to tell because the door opens and window lowers almost simultaneously.

Does anyone have any idea where the problem is? Do I have to take of the entire door-panel to check the power window motor and sensors?:Banghead:

Many thanks for advice !

Google window indexing or check your manual. It’s super easy.
If after re-indexing you still have a problem.... the the fun begins.

D

Hi @the-pipe-bender. Did you disconnect the battery or lose paper to the car for some reason? The first thing I would try is reset your windows. You can do this by lowering both windows completely while car is on and raising completely. Release switches and then re-engage up and hold for 3 seconds. This method resets the full up function and therefore the windows should now drop that slight amount when you open the door and close once door is closed.
Works everytime.

This is exactly what I just did this afternoon and it worked great. THANKS! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.