Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
For the A6 auto, the OEM shifter paddle configuation is confusing since both act the very same, whereas the thumb portion upshifts, and the back finger portion downshifts. I'm sure many have over revved the engine because of this configuation, including myself.
Years ago, I did the electric F1 paddle shifter modification which allows the right paddle to upshift, while the left paddle is to downshift (using the back finger paddle portion for both paddles)
This is how I believe the paddle shifters are supposed to work, one for upshifting and the other for downshifting.
The modification was simply switching 2 wires on the right paddle assembly to make this work.
I was pleased with being able to use the new configuration, the paddles themselves are small so it was not ideal to say the least.
Fortunately, there are many that felt the same way. With the invention of the 3D printers, this allows those that like to experiment, come up with some ideas that are worth trying.
A 3D adapter was produced to accept larger paddles in place of the OEM paddles. I of course ordered both the adapter and the new paddles, and this will be one of many winter projects. The picture shows the difference between the OEM (top) and the new paddles (bottom)
1574536336319.png

Edit 1.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread