*ZR01#

Casual User
Feb 13, 2011
Calgary, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2008 Convert-Z51
Nav system works,Radio works, CLOCK doesn't. No time shows. Battery was disconnected each winter. When reconnected this year no CLOCK. The adjustments are visible but only beep. Disconnect battery again and reconnected but to no avail. Is there a fuse I can check? If so which one? The one I will check is "RDO/S-Band, VIS. Thanks for you Help

Nav system works,Radio works, CLOCK doesn't. No time shows. Battery was disconnected each winter. When reconnected this year no CLOCK. The adjustments are visible but only beep. Disconnect battery again and reconnected but to no avail. Is there a fuse I can check? If so which one? The one I will check is "RDO/S-Band, VIS. Thanks for you Help

Thanks for all the replies on this question, appears from the discussion notes that due to the car being a model year of 11 years I may get the clock to work through the GPS or not? So technology is great, when it works. Now I remember car clocks were never reliable back in the 50's & 60's being manual. Having said that technology still hasn't fixed that by going electric in some cases (this in particular). Example my 09 Taurus Limited has both a separate electric clock and a clock as part of the radio and both never fail. So in some ways we haven't gained much progress. Never mind we didn't buy the vette for the clock did we. VAAAROOOM.

I have an 06, with Nav/GPS and my clock still works OK, although I "never" disconnect the battery, just leave it on a Battery Tender all hibernation period. Even when I have disconnected the battery, it has always come back.

In the US forum, there are many threads on this, and apparently, any C6 with GPS that had the battery disconnected after Dec 4 2018, is having this issue.
GM is aware of the problem and is working on a software fix.

For those that the clock is still working, do not disconnect your battery or you will lose the clock on your Nav.

One can purchase a device that plugs into the cig lighter that keeps car accessories powered up when disconnecting the main battery
12V Automotive Settings Keeper w/9V Battery - Keep your Personal Settings when Replacing your Car Battery

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread