Bobc5

I'm New Here
May 28, 2023
VetteCoins
I have had my 2004 for about a year and the telescopic steering has never worked, so I decided it was time to investigate. So I googled it and found out it could be a plug under the seat, well it turns out the blue plug coming out of the floor is not plugged into the seat any where. Am I missing something or am I on the wrong path? Thanks Bob

I just looked at the RPO code and it has the AQ9 code but the seats do not have the hole in them so it looks like they are the base seat is this possible or has some one swapped the seats ?

I just looked at the RPO code and it has the AQ9 code but the seats do not have the hole in them so it looks like they are the base seat is this possible or has some one swapped the seats ?
That's what I am thinking. If the optional sport seat was changed to a base seat due to wear and tear, unless you have a fuse out, the telescopic may be linked to this especially if you
have the $195 memory package option because everything moves at the same time (seats, mirrors and steering column). The next thing I would look at is the wiring harness diagram
to see how these are connected, but I am thinking the seat being unplugged is the issue for your column not moving.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Yes I think the seats have been swapped as the rpo code said it should have aq9 seats which i think are the sport seats, and if i put 12 volts to the empty plug the steering colum moves. my car does have the convivence package because it does have hud and memory seats etc.

Yes I think the seats have been swapped as the rpo code said it should have aq9 seats which i think are the sport seats, and if i put 12 volts to the empty plug the steering colum moves. my car does have the convivence package because it does have hud and memory seats etc.
AQ9 is the sports seats which started as a $815 option at the start of the C5 model. I would be looking for a set of the proper seats for the car to put it back to factory specs
and everything should work properly once you do.

• Agree
Does any one know the part # or any place i can get the seat side of the blue plug? Gary was great enough to give me a wiring diagram on how to make it all work but i would really like to have the proper plug so i don't have to hack it! thanks again Bob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.