Nov 5, 2017
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Coupe, 6 spd
I've a read a mix of comments on tinting the rear window in a C5. Many not having much luck due to the heating wires and small shade dots in the glass causing bubbling and distortion. I'm just wondering if there are any recommendations, specific capable GTA auto tinters, comments in general.

Had mine done with zero issues. Not an easy job! Just find someone who is well experienced and uses a quality tint.

Bill

Attachments

• waxed cars 024.JPG
    waxed cars 024.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 61
Same problem with the c6, the dot matrix (small shade dots) are a pita. I found some info from other c6 owners who had them done with great results. The used a black film called dotrix. they had the upper part of the window covered with this and they have no air around the dots so no little white donuts around them. this is what will be done this summer on mine. I was waiting since 2012 to find the right thing to do, I preffered to leave them with the oem tint and have no regrets. Some installers wanted to paint the upper part of the window or scrape the dots, I did not want anything done that will permanently alters any parts of the car. And, as Bill stated need to be done bythe good installer who use quality products.

My C6 Z was done twice before I was satisfied. The rear window tinting on C5 and C6s is legendary in difficulty but the right installer can do it very well.

Go for it but make sure you get them to guarantee your satisfaction before hand. If they say no... go someplace else as that means they have no clue.

Reactions: williame3590
That seems high Marty. Mine was $350 on the C6 and C7. C7 only had to be done once.

Seems this shop is expecting to do it at least twice. Maybe look elsewhere.

Checked with the local tint shop here in Lloyd and they said they would rather not do it, and wouldn't even quote a price. Lloyd is dump though, so I'll check around Stoon or Edmonton.

I've a read a mix of comments on tinting the rear window in a C5. Many not having much luck due to the heating wires and small shade dots in the glass causing bubbling and distortion. I'm just wondering if there are any recommendations, specific capable GTA auto tinters, comments in general.
I had my 2003 Z06 tinted on delivery of my car in 2003 by a local reputable tinting business and have not had any issues with any of the windows - touch wood!
P7130089.JPG
car38x12.jpg
I know the Z has a fixed hardtop window and not the coupe type window but still has all the dots and heating wires. I guess the key is reputable and quality tint as mentioned by other CCF members.

Had mine done by a reputable shop and it came out good,but those small dots still hold a little air,after a year.I still have to squeegee them when the car is in the sun.

Had mine done with zero issues. Not an easy job! Just find someone who is well experienced and uses a quality tint.

Bill
Can you tell me who tinted you vehicle. Im looking to get mine done and want someone who has experience with the rear window. I've been to a few shop's around me and they won't guarantee the rear window. Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread