Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
I have not done a whole lot with my C5. One of the shortcomings of the C5 is the headlights. Night driving was a bit of a CHALLENGE to say the least. I installed a Radio Flyer Bi Xeon kit and could not believe the difference. I was concerned about glare to oncoming drivers but the lights are well set up (Stevenson Corvette) and the difference is literally night and day. Amazing investment. I have a set of Radio Flyer led taillights to install which I will do soon. Mod Riley added Radio Flyer marker lights to his C5 and they look amazing.

My car fell just outside of serial number issue with valve springs but I changed them in any case using Brian Tolley (SP?) spring kit. Gave some comfort eliminating a potential costly problem.

I have CCW SP 16 wheels (19's front and back) with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. Handles great looks good, at least to me! I really like the look of the car with the stock Z06 wheels but the Goodyear F1's were getting a little long in the tooth so I have a set of Continental tires that I found at Canadian Tire to go on. Graham, Nascar03, has them on his C5 convertible and says they work well.

So that is what I have done. What are the changes you have made and what is on your wish list?? The C5 platform really lends itself well to modifications of all types for street or track.

Would be great to hear from our C5 andC5Z owners.

Picture courtesy CCF forum member Al Flash.

21430216_1504636649606010_3832704488818162007_n.jpg

I have done only basically maintenance to my Corvette in the past 4 years, all the fluids, belts and pulleys, tires. Painted the calipers, installed skip shift eliminator, refinished the 2 clear roof panels, have new tire sensors and new roof weatherstrips to go in next...if I can ever get some time to myself this summer...which I doubt..looks like I will be on the road working around the island until late fall...Looking like a low km year for this year.
Ol Yeller.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 12
First bath in a long time.
I have been working away at cleaning up my Corvette. Ashamed to admit the last time I washed it was last October. It has been troubling me to get it done. It still looks pretty good at 19 years old, still love the beast just struggling to maintain it.

20220908_174525.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.