Thanks Hemicat. Have you ever changed your fuel filter? There is no recommended service change interval in the owners manual.

Even though there is only 66,000 km on the car, I figure at almost 20 years old, it wouldn't hurt to change it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: hemicat
2003 - 2004 fuel filters

I hope that this may help.

2003 Corvette-Cadillac XLR new fuel tank system

This report is from the March 2004 GM Techlink publication

Partway through model year 2003, a new fuel tank system was introduced on the Corvette. This system continues with slight differences in the 2004 Corvette and Cadillac XLR.
For 2003 Corvettes only, this system was designated by RPO code FFS. However, this name has been unofficially applied to all vehicles with the new system.

2003 - 2004 fuel filters

I hope that this may help.

2003 Corvette-Cadillac XLR new fuel tank system

This report is from the March 2004 GM Techlink publication

Partway through model year 2003, a new fuel tank system was introduced on the Corvette. This system continues with slight differences in the 2004 Corvette and Cadillac XLR.
For 2003 Corvettes only, this system was designated by RPO code FFS. However, this name has been unofficially applied to all vehicles with the new system.
So from searching the net I read that the FFS code means the fuel filter is in the left fuel tank. That would suck. I am happy to see that there is no FFS on my RPO code list. I will be under the car looking for the fuel filter on the frame rail when the weather warms up.

Thanks for the FFS information Fenceman. My Black Book doesn't mention it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.