hey NASCAR thanks Graham..!!
yeah.. p0120 which is accelerator throttle sensor which I change and put a new one on ran great for about a week
and before that "tire monitoring system"
2 other codes 1278 and 1287
shure appreciate your input my friend.. I'm far from a mechanic!!

C1278 TCS Temporarily Inhibited By PCM
C1287 Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction

Like everyone else says..
Check your grounds as a possible fix.

Good luck
Graham
HI
Be sure to check the connector box below steering wheel by cabin .Just give the connector a push and wiggle .That took care of my 28-TCS 1287, 1288 codes.

RK

If you buy any parts while you are south make sure you declare them to customs when you come back if you are over your limit. I played golf yesterday with a Canada Customs Agent who works at the Calgary airport. We chatted about what people try to bring in without declaring and he said some people are stupid for not declaring that they are over their limit. He said his threshold if you are over is $400 or $500 before he will ask you to pay GST on anything because they only charge 5% GST and it not worth the paperwork for that amount. Not sure what you provincial tax I but not worth the risk of having things impounded or paying penalties. Hope you find the parts you need. :Cheers2:

HELP!!!! My 2000 C5 has a problem. I intermittently get on dash warnings: Check ABS, Check active handling and check traction control. I have replaced the PCM, the alternator and the wire from the alternator to the PCM. About half the time I get these on dash warnings on start up. When I plug in and analyze I get code P1637. Recommended fix from GM is replace PCM and wire to the alternator. That didn't work. Anyone have experience with this?

HELP!!!! My 2000 C5 has a problem. I intermittently get on dash warnings: Check ABS, Check active handling and check traction control. I have replaced the PCM, the alternator and the wire from the alternator to the PCM. About half the time I get these on dash warnings on start up. When I plug in and analyze I get code P1637. Recommended fix from GM is replace PCM and wire to the alternator. That didn't work. Anyone have experience with this?

I got them about 2 days after buying my C6 way back when. Brake fluid was low. Filled it up and never got them again. A long shot but hope your fix is that easy.

I have a 2000 as well and I get those warnings daily plus my abs and active handling lights are on permanently on the dash. The EBCM is caput. You can't get a new one and the used ones are very expensive. If you find someone that can rebuild them let me know. I would love to take the black tape off my dash covering the warning lights.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.