Apr 25, 2013
VetteCoins
Hi guys .. after l searching in Google I see the price for C5 sometimes higher price than c6 and sometimes lower but not much. Is that because how the look and design for the car ? And l see C5 when get older get more high price special the convertible but idont see that in C6. Maybe Iam worng ?? Iam speaking about basic C5 on C6 not the special one .l knew the km be affected too but not much user ... ... what you guys thinking ??

Iam thinking to switch from 5 to 6 but Iam confuse now 🙁

Last edited:
Hi guys .. after l searching in Google I see the price for C5 sometimes higher price than c6 and sometimes lower but not much. Is that because how the look and design for the car ? And l see C5 when get older get more high price special the convertible but idont see that in C6. Maybe Iam worng ?? Iam speaking about basic C5 on C6 not the special one .l knew the km be affected too but not much user ... ... what you guys thinking ??

Each generation of Corvettes evolved and improved in many various areas. Having owned an 09 C6 for 40,000 km, I had zero complaints. The LS3 engine (2008 and newer) is arguably the best overall engine GM has built. Horsepower also increased every generation with the C5 LS1 at 350 HP, the early C6 LS2 at 400 HP and the later C6 LS3 at 430 HP. Many comment that the C6 is a more comfortable ride that the C5 but I can't comment on that, not having driven in a C5. Like any vehicle, an older car will have more of the common issues that pop up... Especially with high km. I love the look of the C5, especially the FRC. If I had it to do over again, and there wasn't a C7, I would choose the C6, but Axe is correct. The improvements in ride, power, handling and especially interior quality in the C7 were vast improvements over the previous generations.
If I had unlimited disposable income though, I would own a 67 Stingray, a C5 FRC, and my C7...JMHO. Hey. They are Corvettes. Hard to go wrong whatever you own. :thumbs:

I think its more of a personal preference. I myself have always loved the look of the C5,s, especially the verts for which I have. They look like the fixed roof coup shape wise, and being able to drop the top is just an added bonus. But cash is the main factor I guess. If I could win a good sized lottery, a split back window would definitely be in the cards

I think its more of a personal preference. I myself have always loved the look of the C5,s, especially the verts for which I have. They look like the fixed roof coup shape wise, and being able to drop the top is just an added bonus. But cash is the main factor I guess. If I could win a good sized lottery, a split back window would definitely be in the cards
Yes .that right Must people love c5 looking .and I notes it's bigger size than c6 but not sure how much after searching the reason make c6 smaller and narrow it's Because easily sale it in Europe special when you turn ..that what I find .

In my opinion the C5 FRC is a classic. It will be a collector one day. I love the notchy look and to me the convertibles show that in spades.

I had a C6 for a long time (~145,000 klicks) and if I had a choice between a C6 Z51 convertible or a C5 Z06 I'd take that C5 all day long.

My $0.02

In my opinion the C5 FRC is a classic. It will be a collector one day. I love the notchy look and to me the convertibles show that in spades.

I had a C6 for a long time (~145,000 klicks) and if I had a choice between a C6 Z51 convertible or a C5 Z06 I'd take that C5 all day long.

My $0.02
Wow 👍

IMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG

Keep talking guys...…..feeling better about my vette all the time! Wait a minute I've always felt great about my C5!

Well here goes, my 2 cents worth: I've owned 4: 1979, 1996 collectors edition vert, C5 speedway white 2003 vert. I enjoyed all three immensely; especially the C5 - loved the styling - looked awesome with the lid down - it was loaded with all the goodies. I only did 2 things: changed to Magnaflow exhaust when OEM got tired and started corroding - better quality, bigger pipes with great sound note and added a wind screen - traded in with low mileage for my C7 which is an awesome car!! The dealer had my C5 sold the next day - it was in excellent shape!!! The C5 really looks great in yellow.

• Agree
Reactions: Dik and OL Yeller
Yes .that right Must people love c5 looking .and I notes it's bigger size than c6 but not sure how much after searching the reason make c6 smaller and narrow it's Because easily sale it in Europe special when you turn ..that what I find .
I drive a 2013 corvette 427 convertible triple black i love it more than anything else posted on this topic just saying :canada:

• Love
Reactions: Dik and nascar03
I drive a 2013 corvette 427 convertible triple black i love it more than anything else posted on this topic just saying :canada:
Awesome car! Don't blame you. One of my favorites. I'd love to have one; but, my wife would not let me get another corvette. If I remember correctly, this car is basically a convertible Z06. I thought this car was available only in the anniversary colors; but, obviously not.

Well here goes, my 2 cents worth: I've owned 4: 1979, 1996 collectors edition vert, C5 speedway white 2003 vert. I enjoyed all three immensely; especially the C5 - loved the styling - looked awesome with the lid down - it was loaded with all the goodies. I only did 2 things: changed to Magnaflow exhaust when OEM got tired and started corroding - better quality, bigger pipes with great sound note and added a wind screen - traded in with low mileage for my C7 which is an awesome car!! The dealer had my C5 sold the next day - it was in excellent shape!!! The C5 really looks great in yellow.

Which screen did you get for the C5?....would you recommend

Reactions: Windrestrictor
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.