I thought it was a neat exercise as the lean burn mode was just for highway cruising as the tune still makes power the rest of the time. He got that car for under $10K USD in rough cosmetic shape, cleaned it up, restored the paint, to show what a performance bargain C5s can be. It's a good example of how to get into a Corvette for not much more money than any reasonable used car, and even set it up for daily driving at reasonable cost.

Reactions: 12cents and Riley P
Of you want 40 mpg on 3.78 liters, buy a Honda. Max power is developed at about 12.5 to 1 ratio and that won't get you ever 25 mpg.

I'd be fine with the Corvette getting 40 mpg, especially if it didn't affect the performance and was tuned for 12.5:1 when putting your foot into it. However, these cars are pretty dang good as they are. Around 10 years ago I drove back from Lake Louise to Saskatoon, being followed by my cousin in his stock Honda Civic. We weren't doing anything crazy, just driving home. Anyway, over the course of the trip, my Corvette used 4 more liters of fuel than his car which felt pretty good.

I agree Riley. My best over 100km at almost legal highway cruising has been 7.2 litres per 100km. That equates to 39.2 mpg (imperial). My C7 ratio is 11.5 to 1. I'll take that any day and I never use eco mode.

Finally a run.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.