Nov 5, 2017
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Coupe, 6 spd
I’m pretty sure this topic has been beaten to death but here’s the question anyway. Researching the availability of ABS Module rebuilds lately, I’ve noticed that replacements/rebuilds are available for only 2000 - 2004. Mine’s a 99 and it seems there is nothing available for 97 thru 99 that I can find.
So far mine is working fine but I’m always worried one day it’s going to happen and so far I haven’t found any solutions for my year of C5. Its only got 40K Kms but it’s the 21 years that I worry more about.
Just wondering if any of you guys can help.

Don't worry ..there is repair for 99 100%. And 1999 to 2000 AH EBCM CAN be converted to the 2001 - 2004 EBCM the parts cost between 450 to 500 $ us from Amazon and eBay plus the Leber or you can do it by yourself .....
For repair here is the link Corvette 97, 98,99,2000 & 2006 ABS EBCM Module Repair 🏁

Wow - how did I miss that! Thanks for the info. Sounds like 2 possible options, either to send the old one in for rebuild or convert to a newer version. Would be nice to be able to just buy one and keep it on hand just in case.
Something I've wondered too is what happens when one of these goes? I know I'll get a fault display but do I also lose any brake or other function/control?

to convert to the new system it's too much work to do...and about to fix it it's always available don't forget there is over 100000000 Corvette in US WHICH IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE to fix 👍

Reactions: ron6468
1997 - 1999 you lose ABS with your braking which is dangerous and you also loose traction control which is also dangerous. The early C5 Corvettes have this problem with the ecbm going out and nobody will fix it because the parts not available. But know they fix it and if anything go worng the display it will show you when you driving and don't forget there is parking emergency brake with you ...and this happens with me when my EBCM broken while I am driving but nothing happens l keep driving for couple days until l fix my ...just always make sure your parking brake working 100%

I have a 2002 vette, my ABS went in the States. Had no problem driving it home. Also did a few extra trips of 200 kms and no loss of any braking. No ABS just means you are driving a car that was normal before ABS was installed into cars. Then I sent my ABS module to the ABS fixer and they soldered everything back to normal. and for $50 extra they put in a surge suppressor and also got a lifetime warranty...

My 2007 Chevy hunting truck hasn't had ABS and the light has been on for five years. I have seen no braking difference at all in the last 50,000 km. The brakes work fine and missing the hydraulic pulse when you lock them up hasn't been an issue. As far as not having traction control, I don't really see this as dangerous. I still have a couple vehicles that traction control and ABS is totally reliant on your brain and your right foot. JMO

My 2007 Chevy hunting truck hasn't had ABS and the light has been on for five years. I have seen no braking difference at all in the last 50,000 km. The brakes work fine and missing the hydraulic pulse when you lock them up hasn't been an issue. As far as not having traction control, I don't really see this as dangerous. I still have a couple vehicles that traction control and ABS is totally reliant on your brain and your right foot. JMO
This Is the best post on all these forums...
I took the entire module out of my 86 vette. Ran brake lines from master cylinder like good old days. Car stops on a dime.
How do all the vettes befor 1986 safely get around with out this feature?
Had a 99 gmc dually...un plugged the abs. Truck stopped way better.
Traction control...let foot off gas...

Reactions: Rruuff Day
This Is the best post on all these forums...
I took the entire module out of my 86 vette. Ran brake lines from master cylinder like good old days. Car stops on a dime.
How do all the vettes befor 1986 safely get around with out this feature?
Had a 99 gmc dually...un plugged the abs. Truck stopped way better.
Traction control...let foot off gas...
:worship1:

I've been driving mine for 2 yrs with abs and traction control light , it just makes it easier to do doughnuts lol

seriously thou i do have 2 replacement abs module and plan i doing the repair this spring but what i want to know is

can i just replace the electronic module which is a 10 minute job or do i have to replace the module and ABS pump

its the electronic module the bad so not sure why the pump needs replacing

I've been driving mine for 2 yrs with abs and traction control light , it just makes it easier to do doughnuts lol

seriously thou i do have 2 replacement abs module and plan i doing the repair this spring but what i want to know is

can i just replace the electronic module which is a 10 minute job or do i have to replace the module and ABS pump

its the electronic module the bad so not sure why the pump needs replacing
electronic module the bad one need resolder but the best way is to change the relay which is cost 5 $ only ...

I’m pretty sure this topic has been beaten to death but here’s the question anyway. Researching the availability of ABS Module rebuilds lately, I’ve noticed that replacements/rebuilds are available for only 2000 - 2004. Mine’s a 99 and it seems there is nothing available for 97 thru 99 that I can find.
So far mine is working fine but I’m always worried one day it’s going to happen and so far I haven’t found any solutions for my year of C5. Its only got 40K Kms but it’s the 21 years that I worry more about.
Just wondering if any of you guys can help.
ron6468: I have been driving my 2000 with the ABS / TRACTION CONTROL issue. So far the car still runs fine. Found a place that could refurbish the module (M) somewhere in the states (MO) where that is I don't know. I asked my friend regarding racing and he assured me that they won't approve with ABS issue. One of this days I'll probably just sell it even with my wife's disapproval. Cheers !!!

So i answered my own question today i swapped out the electronic module for the ecbm , did not change the pump and wouldn't you know i no longer have the abs light or traction control light ,

I really did not want to have to swap the pump as well .

30 minutes in and out and its fixed , wow that only took 2 years plus lol

So i answered my own question today i swapped out the electronic module for the ecbm , did not change the pump and wouldn't you know i no longer have the abs light or traction control light ,

I really did not want to have to swap the pump as well .

30 minutes in and out and its fixed , wow that only took 2 years plus lol
Where were you able to find the EBCM? I’d purchase one if I could find one. Thanks 😳

Wow - how did I miss that! Thanks for the info. Sounds like 2 possible options, either to send the old one in for rebuild or convert to a newer version. Would be nice to be able to just buy one and keep it on hand just in case.
Something I've wondered too is what happens when one of these goes? I know I'll get a fault display but do I also lose any brake or other function/control?
Are there instruction somewhere that shoes how to convert to a newer version? Mine is a 2000 V with active handling

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.