Well looks like I'm 4 months late buying my C4! The 2003 Dunlops on the car need replacing due to age. I've spent the last few days searching and contacting companies everywhere in the US and Canada for the BFGooderich g-Force Sport Comp2 tires. Nothing available. Some shops believe they could be produced again once warmer temps come, but no production date set. However, I've been in contact with BFG/Michelin directly and they have confirmed the tire will be discontinued on March 1st, and there is no current stock. Here are the options I have come across so far:

Option 1: Coker Tire in the US lists Michelin Pilot Sport 255/50R16 tires as an option. I think they must produce them in small batches, because they are insanely expensive at $571 USD/per tire. Michelin Pilot Sport | 255/50ZR16

Option 2: Is to look at some of the Toyo competition autocross 255/50R16 tires. These would be the Proxes RA1 and Proxes R888R. These are technically DOT street legal, but have very soft compounds that are temperature sensitive and wear quickly. They are also quite expensive, especially the RA1s. The RA1s do have some tread on them at least. They suggest storing the tires in above freezing temperatures, not ideal for us in Canada. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=1987&autoModel=Corvette&autoModClar=&width=255/&ratio=50&diameter=16&sortCode=46700&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=V&minLoadRating=S&performance=ALL

Option 3: Is to look at a smaller 245/50R16 tire. There are a few options out there, I already have a source for in stock Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 tires. Little disappointing to not be able to keep the factory tire size, also the 245s would be stretched a bit on the 9.5" wide wheels I have. But from the charts I've seen, it is the accepted minimum for the wheel width.

Option 4: Consider the Toyo Proxes TQ drag 255/50R16 tire. I consider this a separate option, because I was surprised to see the reviews on Tirerack to be from those using the tire as a street tire, mostly on Challengers and Hellcats. The other Toyos all had only autocross reviews. Also seems this tire is a little less temperature sensitive, and the price is a little better. Not sure about tread depth, but seem useable in wet weather as long as there is not much standing water. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...autoYear=1987&autoModel=Corvette&autoModClar=

Option 5: Convince @dat30yoboomer to sell his set of BFGooderich g-Force Sport Comp2 tires ;):Seeya::Biggrin:.

Kidding aside, I'm now really considering the Toyo Proxes TQ tires, does anyone here have any experience or feedback on them at all?
😲, I bought mine just in time I guess !
Too bad because the BFGooderich are excellent tires.
I can say from experience, try to stick with the 255's, I had 245 on before and honestly didn't like the fit on the stock rims and the ride was so so ... Really happy to back on factory size

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.