Featured Thread
Jul 28, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Corvette
Province
NS
So, we all know that the Corvette world generally "dumps" on the C4. It's my firm belief that this is born out of standing in today, looking at 30-odd year old cars and judging them by today's standards. If you want to look at it that way, that's fine. It's your opinion and while I may not agree with it, that doesn't mean you're wrong.

But when the C4 was released, the media (and public) were crazy for it, for lots of reasons. Did it have issues? Yup, sure did. But so did all it's contemporaries. They sold a metric S-ton of them and it even had to be given it's own roadracing series because nothing (at the time) was competitive with it.

So along those lines, I'm going to do a little searching and posting articles from when the C4 was released, how it performed and any modifications that may seem useful. There may be some modern articles, but they mostly want to state how old it is, how terrible it is or how it can't keep up with modern machinery. That's not what this thread is for, so don't expect to see any of those here. There will mostly be posts related to the C4 "in it's day".

Let's start with an 88 (mostly because mine is an 88!) from Car and Driver:

As I mentioned, if you don't like C4's, that's fine. Everyone has an opinion and is (mostly) entitled to it. But please, don't drop those "f-bombs" on this thread. This is for C4 appreciation, not to tear it down or make disparaging comments. There's lots of other places to post if you want to talk about how much you don't like C4's, how inferior they are to a newer Vette, or anything along those lines.

Thank you.

:)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.