Aug 4, 2012
Newmarket On
VetteCoins
Car
1975 stingray
Province
ON
Hey folks,
I am new to the forum but from what I have read so far, seems to be some very helpful and good humoured people here.

Just purchased a 75, all stock and would like to tighten up the old suspension. I have been looking at different kits on the market and would like some opinions from you guys and gals that have already done this.

- coils "or" transverse front leaf?
- Rack and pinion "or" box?
- Are there any Canadian manufacturers for C3 suspensions?

Any comments and opinions would be greatly appreciated on this long awaited new project.

Hey folks,
I am new to the forum but from what I have read so far, seems to be some very helpful and good humoured people here.

Just purchased a 75, all stock and would like to tighten up the old suspension. I have been looking at different kits on the market and would like some opinions from you guys and gals that have already done this.

- coils "or" transverse front leaf?
- Rack and pinion "or" box?
- Are there any Canadian manufacturers for C3 suspensions?

Any comments and opinions would be greatly appreciated on this long awaited new project.

Welcome aboard :canada:

To answer your questions:

1. For sure the coils over the transverse leaf. Much better ride and and road feel . Also better and greater degree of adjustment.

2.The rank and pinion is for sure you best option , and again better road feel as well as response .

3.Ah yes the curese we are all faced with , the best part's and for the most part almost all part's for Corvette's come from the USA .

Now the good part :

We at Dasilva Motorsports have source's all over the USA and bring in all and any parts Corvette related and at decend prices . Best of all we are versed in all technical aspects of C1's throught to the C6 and C7 when it comes out .

So please feel free to call me toll free @ 866-992-3752 anytime :canada:

I'm sure that we can help you out .

Congratulations on the "new" '75 from one '75 owner to another! Look forward to your posts on your upgrades. Mine has had the rear spring replaced, upgraded the rear diff cover with the stronger aftermarket one, new bushings in the front sway bar and some of the rear end. It's helped but I'd like to do more of course.

Welcome to the forum! You are in fantastic hands with Manny! Keep us updated on any progress you make with the car and your impressions on the improvements made.

Glad to have you on board!

Lads, the rubber on my '79 is original, and needs to be replaced. Wonder if any of you have had experience with the polyurethane bushing kits that are sold to replace all the rubber bushings? This year, I've replaced the rad, put in new brakes, all fluids, transmission seals and a new pump. This would be a winter project as I need a few weeks to get on the road before the snow flies!

I put all new polyurethane bushing in my 81 Camaro ten years ago, along with new springs and shocks. That thing hugged the road and felt tight! I would give it a definite thumbs up! My one recommendation would be to make sure the car is sitting on the ground at ride height before tightening up the control arms. The students that did my Camaro tightened them up on the lift and it caused havoc on the alignment machine! They had to all be loosened, cycled up and down to reset them, retightened on the ground, then it was right on!

I put all new polyurethane bushing in my 81 Camaro ten years ago, along with new springs and shocks. That thing hugged the road and felt tight! I would give it a definite thumbs up! My one recommendation would be to make sure the car is sitting on the ground at ride height before tightening up the control arms. The students that did my Camaro tightened them up on the lift and it caused havoc on the alignment machine! They had to all be loosened, cycled up and down to reset them, retightened on the ground, then it was right on!

Thanks Riley- I will definitely mention that to my father in law! Get to work old man or the homes a-waitin! :rofl: We have to do it at ride height seeing as it will be in the driveway! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.