iOS Image - 2970651682.jpg

I tore down the stock seat in my 69, welded some support braces, bought new foam and build up the sides a little more with firmer foam. Then ordered some Italian leather and had it diamond stitched. I feel it keeps it looking right and not mismatched like some seats do. Any seat shop can help cover once you build the foam the way you like.

To give you an idea....and the prices I list are in US dollars.....I had to pay exchange, taxes and shipping including brockerage fees (no different than buying the complete seats). I used my old frames, tracks and most of the hardware. I added the reinforcement plate, sandblasted and painted everything.

Seat covers $430 (black vinyl)
Seat foam $321
Various hardware pieces $125

I also converted the seat back over to shoulder belts, this was most of the $100 cost for hardware. Others suggested using Corvette America foam....I now agree....not happy with the Al Knoch foam. Holes had to be modified and they were king of “raggy” out of the mold. No complaints about the quality of the covers. I did all the work myself. I took my time and am quite satisfied with the results. So about $875 total.

Now if you want the finished seat, say from Corvette Central, you are talking about $2200, for the pair. Knowing what I know now after doing the seats myself......I will do it myself again. There are great U Tube videos out there detailing the process. I will be able to find lots of things to spend the money on that I saved. Well worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.