This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cruise C3 Out & About!

Jan 27, 2009
Township of Langley, BC
VetteCoins
Car
1975 coupe/2003 vert
Province
BC
i've a had great time the past few days.
I put a 3-day permit on the '75 coupe...i do this every few weeks.
I managed to hit cruise nites on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday...
Friday nites in Langley has a few cruise spots so we park for a bit and then move on and park some more.
A great time...some of the people don't see me in this car too often as I usually take the '03 convert Vette or the Jeff Gordon Monte SS.
The '75 gets the most attention at these events..
I finally remembered to take a couple of mediocre pictures tonight.
I still have 1hr - 31mins left on my permit... Maybe the date wants to go for a ride somewhere..

Graham

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
If it's the licence, I'm not sure it would be cost effective here unless it's a whole lot more expensive in BC to register a car for a year. Now, Insurance might be another matter. I have a truck I only use for hunting season and my June fishing trip. It gets insured for 10 days in June and 2 months in the fall. The rest of the time it just carries basic Fire and Theft but I have to fully insure it first and then cancel the coverage I don't need when I'm done.

In BC the car is always registered to an owner... you just need to get driving insurance to put it on the road and be covered..
We can get an insurance permit for 1-20(?) days... or we can get proper insurance for 3mos-1year.
A 3-day permit here costs $89 and gives me $300 deductible for glass/comprehensive and $2M liability, I get a sticker to put in the window as proof of insurance.
The remainder of the year I have storage insurance on the car(s), and it costs approx $60-200/yr (depending on the value of the car)... against fire, theft, damage, etc.
I usually insure my '03 Vert and the Monte SS for 6-7 months per year with full insurance, and buy short-term permits for the '75 Vette on the occasions when I want to drive it.
In the winter I put storage insurance on all my cars then I fully insurance our Pontiac until Spring.

graham

It's not cheap here to insure a car for the road all year.. It costs $1K-$2K per year, per car...depending on car value.
It's what it is...!(I don't want to start any politically motivated Provincial bashing here!!).
Eric.. so do you put insurance on your truck in June and cancel after 10 days, and then do the same in the fall..?

Murray..Can you not get temp insurance for a few days back there??
We can even get a 1-day permit for $30... drive anywhere for 24 hours.
Many years ago(30+) you could only get a point-to-point operating permit to mover a vehicle from one place to another.

graham
graham

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Well that explains a lot Graham. Insurance here sounds cheaper. I carry 2 mil, and full everything else except glass on all my vehicles. My C7 costs me about 900.00 per year and then I cancel it in October and get a $ 300.00 or so rebate until April when I re-new my policy and start over. I have questioned how they arrive at premium costs for a long time. My 1999 Ford diesel truck costs almost exactly the same as my Corvette. They tell me it's based on statistics... accidents, thefts, etc.etc. for the particular vehicle as much or more than actual value. My diesel is prime and has very little miles on it but it's still a blue book $7,000.00 vehicle.... go figure...lol.... For my hunting/fishing truck, my broker binds me for my fishing trip because I only need the truck for 10 days or so. Whatever bind means and whatever she does, she doesn't charge me anything for that 10 day run. For hunting season, I use the truck for 2 months and she can't do the bind thing so I have to add the full package to my storage premium and then cancel it at the end of hunting season and they send me a rebate again. I'm not sure if they offer the bind thingy to everyone. I have 6 vehicles on the go and have been the broker and the carrier forever so they treat me pretty good.

I don't understand the insurance business at all here. It costs me $1100 for each vehicle for the full year (including glass). We have a 2010 Sebring with a ton of kms, a 2010 Avalanche with average kms and the 2012 corvette with a little over 16000 kms so far. You would think that the one driven the most or the more valuable one would cost more. The bad news is all insured drivers have been notified of rates going up upon renewal and we now have to pay 15% HST on top of that. I can see another rate increase coming in the very near future to pay for the increase in uninsured drivers on the road. There are times I have thought about changing to a conveyance with one or two horsepower...