Glenn

Casual User
Sep 27, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1982 Corvette
Province
NL
Hi I have a 82 Corvette that I just purchased last fall and I was wondering if there were any installation issues with putting a set of long tube headers on my Vette.

Hi I have a 82 Corvette that I just purchased last fall and I was wondering if there were any installation issues with putting a set of long tube headers on my Vette.
Hi Glenn,

Welcome to the forum. Nope, as long as the headers are meant for your 82 Corvette there shouldn't be any issues as long as it is relatively factory. If you have any upgrades like new heads with angled spark plugs you may have issues with not enough clearance by the spark plugs. I've found that you have to install them from the bottom up as you will not have enough room to install them from the top down.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hi Glenn,

Welcome to the forum. Nope, as long as the headers are meant for your 82 Corvette there shouldn't be any issues as long as it is relatively factory. If you have any upgrades like new heads with angled spark plugs you may have issues with not enough clearance by the spark plugs. I've found that you have to install them from the bottom up as you will not have enough room to install them from the top down.
Thank you .I thought the AC pump might have been in the way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.