IainsC3

I'm New Here
Sep 9, 2017
Sturgeon County, Ab
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 1980 C3
Hi Folks,
The frame in my 1980 is rusting as is most this age. I am thinking of replacing it and starting the restore a little earlier than planned. Looking on the net I found old C3 frames available still in good condition and then the new frames made to fit the C3 models. Anyone have experience with this and can offer advise? Best way to go, best place to buy etc? Any advise is greatly appreciated.
IainW

Reactions: canadianvette
I know these frames are being reproduced in Michigan. I would personally buy a new frame if you are going that far on the project, unless you can find a nice one from a dry southern car, hard to find in Alberta however. JMHO

I know these frames are being reproduced in Michigan. I would personally buy a new frame if you are going that far on the project, unless you can find a nice one from a dry southern car, hard to find in Alberta however. JMHO
America's finest Corvettes is the place, just found the ad in an NCRS driveline magazine. The site is www.corvetteusa.com. They have fully restored frames or rolling chassis available.
Thanks for the link I hadn't seen that one. I will check it out

Reactions: turbozig
Thanks for the link I hadn't seen that one. I will check it out

You are welcome. I checked, $2900 USD gets you a blasted, reconditioned and painted bare frame. I would guess shipping to be 500-1000. That way you are guaranteed a perfect and straight frame that will last the life of you car.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.