xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Hi all.

I'm trying to sell my 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, and have an ad on Kijiji. One reply was thinking about offering me his C3 as a trade. I'll give you some background on both and ask you your opinion.....

THE TRUCK:

2008 Chevrolet Avalance, LTZ trim (FULLY LOADED). Options included are:

leather, NAV, rear-camera, DVD in the back, dual control climate, bose sound system, retracting running boards, 6.0 engine upgrade (standard is a 5.3), sunroof, power seats/mirrors, 20' rims.

New front shocks, new rubber last summer, new brakes last fall.

206xxx kilometers.

THE VETTE:

numbers matching 1981 special order car new(Edmonton) loaded with the exception of glass Ttops and power seats(weight) 146,000km. Last summer i had the L48 182hp pulled out and a 383 425hp put in with the best of everything $10G worth looks and sounds stock gets better fuel millage then the L48 and alot more fun to drive. The Vette sat in a garage for 10 years before I blew the dust off 3 years ago. You get 2 complete engines carb to pan stock L48 and the stroker it has less then 5000km was serviced before storage and comes with a Inspection, I have more pics. and INFO if you are interested asking $20G. I might go a straight trade pending pics. 403 396-6265 sorry for the wait

No rust, no leaks, automatic transmission..................black on tan in color.

Pics look pretty nice......

I don't know if I would keep the car--so I'm wondering approximately what a C3 like this might be worth on the market..........

Your input appreciated!

Cheers,

Vince.:canada:

Here in Ontario, the MOE guys want to see all the original emissions equipment hooked up. Lots of times, when guys have done cars up, they have gotten rid of all this stuff. I don't know much about emissions laws in other provinces, but they can be a pain here in Ontario. Something to think about when buying older cars that have been played with.

It's not an issue in Alberta--I just wonder if I can get somewhere around $18,775 or so for that 'Vette. I'd entertraining trading up, or even, but would rather have the money than a second 'Vette right now...........

If it's worth the same, and is sellable, I'd be happy to do this trade pending a little more investigation. I'm not so knowledgeable about C3s and their potential to liquidate come summer.

Do they have all the receipts for all the work and parts put into the car? I would look around and try to find comparable C3's and see their prices. I think an 81 has got to be really good to get to the 20K mark. At that price your competing with C4's, C5's, other really good C3's. Hopefully some C3'ers can give better advice on the car. Give the frame a really good look over as well as the bird cage for any hidden rust.

The L48 engine was discontinued after 1980. The original engine in an '81 was the L81 @ 190 HP. That was the only engine available that year.

My opinion...$12 - $13 grand if and when a buyer is found. You don't buy a smog era C3 to make money on. You buy one because you like them, like working on them and want to drive them. Your truck will be an easier sell I think.

Last edited:
The L48 engine was discontinued after 1980. The original engine in an '81 was the L81 @ 190 HP. That was the only engine available that year.

My opinion...$12 - $13 grand if and when a buyer is found. You don't buy a smog era C3 to make money on. You buy one because you like them, like working on them and want to drive them. Your truck will be an easier sell I think.

Think I would agree with Case.... Your truck would be an easier sell.

I gotta agree with Buckhorn and Case. I don't think that car is worth much over 13 K depending on what shape it is in. I do feel that all vettes are "special" no matter what year or generation but there is really nothing spectacular about an '81 vette. Unless you really like it. If I had to choose from an 80's vette I would choose a 1982 (collectors edition if possible) as it is the last year for C3.

Thanks.

I will tell him I'm not interested--unless he wants to give me some money on top of the trade. I like the idea of bringing some company for the C6!! Do you think the Avy is fairly priced at $18,775? Id take 18 or even 17.5, but want it priced well enough to draw some interest as well.

I really appreciate everyone's opinion--a great help, so thanks again!!

Vince.

Thanks.

I will tell him I'm not interested--unless he wants to give me some money on top of the trade. I like the idea of bringing some company for the C6!! Do you think the Avy is fairly priced at $18,775? Id take 18 or even 17.5, but want it priced well enough to draw some interest as well.

I really appreciate everyone's opinion--a great help, so thanks again!!

Vince.

Have a look at this web site : Canadian Car prices. This may help you.

VMR Canadian Used Car Prices

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread