Status
This ad has been closed. Reason: Sold

Details

70 LS5 454 T-Top Coupe - Complete Nut/Bolt - 11 Year/1600+ Hour Restoration
Offering for sale after an extensive and meticulous 11 year-1600+ hour nut/bolt NCRS restoration, a 1970 Corvette Coupe, Bridgehampton Blue with Black interior. The original mileage is 80526, with 400 miles on the restoration.

This vehicle was purchased from Arkansas, which was a dry/rust free/original car and was restored with only the best available and mostly GM NOS US/Canada parts that were painstakingly tracked down and purchased over a 10 year period. I have an extensive catalog of pictures of all part numbers and date codes for every part & piece on this car. I also have numerous binders and paperwork including all receipts, engine dyno results, complete details of restoration, NCRS shipping report, and complete vehicle history gathered by myself and a classic car investigator.

Options are as follows: LS5 454 engine, Turbo 400 transmission, Posi 3:08 rear end, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Air Conditioning, AM/FM Stereo, Tilt/Telescopic, Rear Luggage Rack, Lap & Shoulder seat belts, Headlight Washers, T-Tops, Removable Rear Window, Leather Seats and Original 1970 Windshield in excellent condition. A few tasteful upgrades and modifications have been done to improve comfort, ride and dependability. Custom added items include Dewitt's heavy duty aluminum radiator, Meziere high flow billet aluminum water pump, chrome high output alternator, Vintage Air A/C, leather wrapped 3 spoke vintage style steering wheel, 6 layers of Lizard Skin ceramic and sound deadening sprayed in + ceramic mat & Hushmat, chambered exhaust which exits out the factory rear tips, Retrosound/Fosgate AM/FM/MP3 Stereo with JL and Pioneer speakers and shallow sub which sounds amazing. All parts that could be removed from the vehicle have been powder coated, not painted. Runs, drives, shows excellent and everything works as it should.

This car is absolutely beautiful and must be seen and heard to appreciate. Factory steering wheel, stock AM/FM Stereo radio with factory amplifier, and numbers matching alternator, all safely packaged/boxed and included in sale. I am unable to list all the particulars so please contact me for further details. I am able to provide additional pictures and details of pretty much every inch of this vehicle if requested. If you are looking for a daily driver or a quick restoration created from cheap overseas made parts, this is not the Vette for you.

Only serious offers will be considered and all lowball offers will be ignored. This quality built and meticulously restored beauty is currently priced and listed in the USA marketplace for $68888 USD. Asking $92k CAD.
For all visiting this classified, I'd just like to add that I know Ziggy personally and his attention to detail and doing everything the right way in unequaled whether he is working on his own or helping out his friends. His nut/bolt comment is spot on and you can be assured that this build is no less than perfect in every way. This C3 is a gem that anyone of us would love to own and be damn proud of.

I have been up close to this 1970 Corvette restoration off & on over the past 5 years toward its completion. If I had the means, it would be in my stable and no one would be seeing this Ad. This Corvette is a true example of what does matter the most … “Doing it Right and Not Doing it Quick”. Paralleled and as important is this Seller’s attention to detail and only by using the right tools. I personally witness this on many occasions; including 3 long days in his garage when my Corvettes were blessed by being up on his QuickJacks. I think mine was his first C7-A8 Mobil-1 trans fluid switch. I will miss seeing this beauty when I visit someone who has become a good friend … 😁👍🏻

Last edited:
I've known Ziggy for a number of years and can honestly say that the restoration work that was completed on this car is second to none. This car looks as though it just rolled off the factory assembly line. This car is definitely worth considering by anyone looking for a beautiful C3 or wanting to add a pristine example to their collection.

I first met Ziggy during the Meet in the Middle cruise and have ran with him and his lovely wife on many other cruises since. During this time I have come to learn his love for all things corvette and this is deffinalty shows in the restoration in his '70 corvette!

Ziggy is meticulous in his work, weather its doing a complete fluid change on my C7 or cleaning up that nut on his C3 that no one will ever see, he takes great pride in his work.

I have seen this C3, it's as advertised and amazing! Ziggy is a straight shooter, anyone considering this beauty can rest assured it is one of the best offered for sale and can buy with confidence!

This C3 is better than the factory ones when new. It’s a beauty
Ziggy restored this car with pride a passion. He’s very meticulous when working on his car or anyone else’s like mine as well. He takes extra steps that’s not necessary when doing any work on cars including keeping it clean as well. He does it right.
If I was in the market to buy. I’d buy this car. In fact I’d buy any car off of Ziggy knowing the care he puts into it.

This car is a trailer Queen and not to be driven. It needs to be displayed at concurs/collector shows be used as the bench mark for others to follow. This car has been so very carefully restored to better than when it came off the assembly line. Fantastic job Ziggy!

Eric and I have known Zig for about the same amount of time and I couldn't agree more with his statements. If you want a car that is built to the highest level of OCD/analness and craftmenship... this is your choice. Even though Ziggy HAS been known to go overboard in the OCD/analness department 😅 this will only benefit the buyer who ends up with this masterpiece.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Like others on here have stated. Once you see this car you will want this car.
Zig has done an over-the-top restore on this beast.
I have known Ziggy for years..he has been to my place,I have been to his place. This is the kind of job you want done to a car ..meticulous is a small word compared to his approach to everything he does.
This is a way of life for him whether it is his family,his work or his toys. They all get the best.
Make arrangements to come look at the car and you will be going home with the car.

graham
Langley, BC

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
A huge thanks to everyone for the kind words. I appreciate the comments. It was a challenging journey to complete this project to the level I was expecting, often ordering parts from numerous suppliers until I was satisfied with function, fit and finish. It was a great excercise in patience and dedication. Thanks to all my Corvette friends that lent a helping hand when needed.

Well gentleman, the car has SOLD, SOLD, SOLD!!! It is heading for a long trip in enclosed carrier to North Carolina to a very nice and excited fellow. The buyer has told me that the car will be driven all year round pretty much, and only when the weather is nice and dry. I am glad that someone will be enjoying the vehicle, as I built it to be a very comfortable and reliable vehicle. I wish the new owner never ending smiles per gallon!

On to the next project now this fall, a very rare, specially ordered 1980 Turbo Monte Carlo Sport Coupe Landau with the early Buick 231 V6 Turbo that has been put on the sidelines since I purchased the 70 Vette 12 years ago. I have had the vehicle for the past 28 years and purchased it from my father. This car is being built as a custom show car, but will also be driven upon completion. All the hard work has been completed already. The body has been re married after the full frame off restoration. The frame and most everything else has been powder coated, and never ending custom chrome in the engine compartment thanks to two local chrome plating shops. The engine, turbo, polished transmission and rear end have all been fully professionally rebuilt and installed. The bottom of the body, all inner body jambs and inner body panels have been painted with base/clear and painted in my garage many years back. I will start a new thread on this beast at some point with some before, during and current photos. Now, I get to enjoy an empty car stall in my 2 car garage this summer and fall.

Hello guys, well my baby sold about 3 weeks ago to a very nice fellow in North Carolina, and it just finished the delivery there last Friday. He sounds like he is very thrilled with the puchase and is thoroughly enjoying driving it. I have been told that he will be registering on the CCF in the near future and will be submitting a review of the car and our communication at that time.
:Lurk5: