Hi Brett. Welcome to the forum. I would suggest first introducing yourself in the 'New Users' section and throw your question in there as well. More members will initially see it there. Be prepared to post some pictures of your car as well. We like pictures.

Thanks

I did post a very brief intro in the New Member forum I will go back and edit it to ask about carpet. As for pictures I will post some as soon as I get home right now I'm an Albertan working in Newfoundland!!!

Brett

Reactions: Shayne
Welcome Brett, I ordered carpet from Corvette Central for my 75, it fit well and really spruced up the interior. Well worth it.
I also installed additional sound and heat insulation under the carpet as I was doing it.

Reactions: Brett
I would say Corvette Central, cause that's where I buy everything, but I actually bought my carpet off a different forum from a member who got the wrong one for his car. I haven't even installed it yet so I cant say if it fits good either! I know not much help but if I were to buy new today it would likely be CC.

T

Reactions: Brett
Now that is something I never thought I would hear, an Albertan coming to Newfoundland to work. Good luck in your search for a carpet. Good advice from the guys on sound and heat insulation at this time and by all accounts well worth it. Drop me a line if you're in the St. John's area sometime and we can go for a wobbly pop if I am home from work

Reactions: Shayne and Brett
ACC makes the carpets for most of the resellers like Corvette America, Corvette Central, Wilcox and others. I believe Mid America still makes their own. Basically it comes down to which reseller has the better price and delivery costs. Their are kits that have been pre cut to help with heat and sound insulation, they're pretty good.

Hi

Looking for a suggestion on where to purchase good quality carpet for a 1981.

Brett
I was going to replace a set in one of mine this winter because they were sun faded quite a bit. As they had no wear spots on them I decided to try redyeing them (because I'm cheap) Very easy to do and they came out looking like brand new. Just something you might want to try if your on a tight budget.....

Reactions: nascar03
I was going to replace a set in one of mine this winter because they were sun faded quite a bit. As they had no wear spots on them I decided to try redyeing them (because I'm cheap) Very easy to do and they came out looking like brand new. Just something you might want to try if your on a tight budget.....
Thanks but mine are pretty ratty I've replaced carpet in a pickup before and the carpet I got was very difficult to get to lay flat so I am looking for a good quality preformed carpet, I usually buy my stuff through Corvette Depot (only because they are Canadian)

Brett

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.