Hello. I am restoring a 1967 Corvette Coupe 300 horse 4 speed. Trans. and engine matching numbers. How do I check if heads, intake, carb are matching?
This might be difficult as I'm not aware of intake and carb identifications that are linked to the engine and frame serial numbers on the C2. Someone with more knowledge on this (which is very likely) may chime in but since the engine and tranny is matching, if the heads, intake and carb are right for the model year engine I would call it a day. Let us know if someone comes forward with a sure way to tell if these components can be matched as original to the engine serial number. And welcome to the forum.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
This might be difficult as I'm not aware of intake and carb identifications that are linked to the engine and frame serial numbers on the C2. Someone with more knowledge on this (which is very likely) may chime in but since the engine and tranny is matching, if the heads, intake and carb are right for the model year engine I would call it a day. Let us know if someone comes forward with a sure way to tell if these components can be matched as original to the engine serial number. And welcome to the forum.
The date code indicating when the head, etc., were cast and the casting number is the only indicator of the part being "matching" numbers. The parts should have a date code before the Corvette was assembled and somewhat near the date code on the engine casing. Assembly date eg. May 10th, casting dates should be before that date but, in most cases would not be too much before, eg 4-5 months. Think that the carb, dist., have a tag on them if orignal.

Thanks so much!!! I did find some date numbers on the carb, intake and heads! Everything is correct! Thanks again!

Hello. I am restoring a 1967 Corvette Coupe 300 horse 4 speed. Trans. and engine matching numbers. How do I check if heads, intake, carb are matching?
There is a document called “all numbers matching” for C2 or join NCRS and they may provide the info

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.