Hello Mike,
I'm not sure if all c2 clocks are assembled the same, but they should be similar. Here are some pics from my 67 clock that I just worked on.
I'm assuming your clock is out of the car, that's the only way you can remove the bezel. If its not out, you will need to get access to 2 clips at the back and the wiring. If your car is a mid year, easiest way if by removing the glove box.

Once the clock is on the bench, it is possible to remove only the bezel. There are 3 slots where the bezel and housing come together. You can get a flathead screwdriver in there and pry apart (there are 2 stubs in each slot area on the bezel side that are press fit into 2 holes on the housing side). That will remove your bezel for painting if that's your goal.

However, since your clock is out of the car, you may as well take the clock apart and give it a good cleaning. Here are the steps for full disassembly.
1. Remove the clock adjustment knob (may need needle vise grips to hold the shaft while you turn the knob counter clockwise.
2. Remove the nut and positive terminal at back
3. Straighten the 3 tabs that hold the 2 halfs of the housing and separate, remove the lens
4. Remove the bezel from the front half assembly
5. Remove the clock assembly from rear housing
Give a good cleaning with electric contact cleaner, refresh or replace lens depending on its condition, and repaint the visible parts.
I also recommend this You Tube video, very informative.. Good Luck

DSC05748.JPGDSC05750.JPGDSC05752.JPGDSC05753.JPGDSC05754.JPGDSC05755.JPGDSC05756.JPGDSC05758.JPG

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.