Mar 19, 2016
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324, USA
VetteCoins
Car
1967 Coupe
On my '67 that I'm putting back together, the front body mount (radiator support to front of frame), is about 1/2" from allowing me to install bolt & shims. Below is a pic of looking up from the floor.

Any tips/advice for getting things to line up?

All the body mounts/bolts were in when car when it came back from body/paint shop but the headlight support rods weren't in. In order to get those
rods to fit I took the front body mount bolts out and that gave me enough wiggle room to get the both support rods in but now the front body mount bolts won't fit. My thoughts were to
loosen all the body mount bolts up and see if there is enough tolerance in those areas that I could shift the body forward slightly to allow the front bolts to slip in.

Anyone else had to deal with this issue?

It might not be pretty but after getting a tip from a friend that some of these things require some brute force I tried C-Clamp's and it worked. In pic below the left side of C-Clamp is on the front of the frame and the right side of clamp is on the back of radiator support frame. I also loosened the 4 bolts that support the radiator support to the body. I used clamps on both sides and adjusted them both a little at a time and everything lined up. Yeah!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.