Have been thinking about going that route as I have installed the TKO500 in a c2, and know of few friends that are very happy
with their installation in their C1's. Depending on your rear end ratio (3.70 - 4.10) it can make highway driving much more comfortable with overdrive keeping engine RPM in a reasonable range. On the other end, a low numerical ratio (3.08 - 3.36 ) benefits from the deep 1st gear for off the line acceleration and less clutch wear.
Pretty much a win win if your T10 needs replacing.

Having some trouble with my third gear now and the reason I was looking at the TKO500
because they have the newest TKX models available now and hopefully the prices will come down on the older model.
But having said that, Should I go spend the extra on the newest model ? Or would I be just as happy with the older model.
thx.

Hi Mr C, I am not sure the newer TKX will fit without modification. If the info I have is correct it is physically bigger, would have to check with Silver Sport
or one of the Tremec elite dealers for confirmation. Also need to know if shifter relocation possible. Unless you have a heavily modified engine the TKO 500 is plenty strong. would be interested in what you find out as this may be on my "to do list" in the future. Ken

I installed a tko 600 in my C2 probably 10 years ago. Works great. My only comment is with the diff ratio. If you run a 3.36 or lower the 5th gear ratio may cause the car to lug unless you are travelling at a very high speed. You need at least a 3.50 for the tko to work properly. If I am lower than 65 mph I can’t use 5th rpm drops to low (1700) running 3.70 gears.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread