Oct 8, 2018
Northern Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06 3LZ LBR-MT
Province
ON
I just finished watching the video with Jay Leno and Tadge Juechter reviewing the new C-8 and at the 5:23 minute mark Leno asked Tadge if the coupe is really a convertible to which Tadge replies unequivocally "yes". He states that if there is no support mechanism between the rear roof support and the front window, then yes it's a convertible.

This definition can further be applied to our C-7 coupes. So I guess I could say that my coupe really is a hard top convertible with a manual option roof removal. Ha ha!

Technically, yes, it's a convertible because it has a removable roof. However, the more "correct" term is a Targa.

noun: convertible; plural noun: convertibles
  1. 1.
    a car with a folding or detachable roof.

noun: targa; plural noun: targas
  1. a type of convertible sports car with a hood or panel that can be removed, leaving a central roll bar for passenger safety.
    "a targa roof"

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Convertible purists, here and around the world, are terribly offended. Your “Targa” top is not a convertible, it is more related to this....

:ROFL:

0B257EFD-146B-46D8-9A3E-DC1ADF24C55F.jpeg

Technically, yes, it's a convertible because it has a removable roof. However, the more "correct" term is a Targa.

noun: convertible; plural noun: convertibles
  1. 1.
    a car with a folding or detachable roof.

noun: targa; plural noun: targas
  1. a type of convertible sports car with a hood or panel that can be removed, leaving a central roll bar for passenger safety.
    "a targa roof"

I thought that Porsche owned the name "Targa"?

• Agree
Reactions: Cobravenomous
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread