YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
… whenever in these Economical times, there might be something to know ...

When will it ever ceases to amaze me that, whether our Corvettes are experiencing a sustaining cost or just needs some bling, there are those reselling some things as "new" on eBay and pricing is not set as "used"? A reseller will always have success when pricing is bang on. As with our Corvettes, many things sold away from the Dealership is "used". Yet, for some reason, some resellers on eBay/Kijiji take a potential buyer of a GM Corvette Part or GM Accessory as a cheap a$$ (even if we are :joyful:).

So, today, I just took in an eBay "New Corvette GM-Thingy Ad" (for sale in a nearby Province) to a Dealership and was magically discounted on the same item from them. Wow, peace-of-mind and without the eBay Seller shipping worries - and for a near-to-equal outlay from the wallet.

I know, it's Good Fortune and might be resulting from a hard-nosed Business attitude, but I just have to vent when someone tries to take "us" as fools … and would not we rather sustain a Dealership being in Business for when we need them, than someone focusing on a buck-grab break-even on "used". I know resellers wont like me saying this but I also have had to eat my losses on "new but used" or even give to charity on many occasions - only to feel good once water passes under the bridge - which I also never blow-up.

Be wary my CCF Corvette friends.
… however it may just be a "limited time offer" while in a struggling Economy like we are in.

so … for C7 owners … give it a try when finding an accessory on these websites within 30% of list …
take it to your GM Dealer you bought your C7 at and, who knows, they might just get real close …. :Cheers2:

Last edited:
looking for corvette luggage will try this once I find an ad Jeff
@Jeffer2013 Ask and you shall receive my good friend … print it and personally show it … Best of Good Fortune.
It's a drive … however if in Edmonton on Thursday (for Brent), try Cory in Parts at Northgate (and say Hello from me :joyful:)
or anywhere else you may already have as a favorite :thumbs:
… this has been on Kijiji for at least a year … I tried "entertaining" this guy for a "best price" however for @ $900 to $1k
is a great price to pay from a dealership - however peace-of-mind for us as we ended up buying something else.

- link removed -

Last edited:
No Shawn guy in Calgary who had the ad last year. Jeff
… don't know the seller other than he's been pretty short and kinda angry in his replies …
… makes for red flags to wave for me … I was respectful asking best price and told (his words) "not interested"
and "don't care" so my confidence in the item and buying from the seller is shot.

Last edited:
… don't know the seller other than he's been pretty short and kinda angry in his replies …
… makes for red flags to wave for me … I was respectful asking best price and told (his words) "not interested"
and "don't care" so my confidence in the item and buying from the seller is rather shot.
Huge Red flag, move on, why deal with a dick!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.