Jan 24, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette Sting
Province
ON
Curious what new C8 owners have been doing with their existing Corvette prior to getting the new C8 in Ontario? Are you trading it or selling it privately? Wondering what kind of a price dealers have been offering on a trade, understanding the big tax savings that come with a trade, & the high prices people are paying for used Corvette's??? I'm probably a year away from getting my C8, and still not sure what I should do with my 19 Stingray once the time comes to purchase the C8?

Back in 2019 I bought a new Stingray. Only had it for a month and wasn't completely happy with it. Was a showroom model and had a bunch of scuff marks all over the car on it from people climbing in and out of it while it was on the floor. So took it back and ordered a 2020 convertible. They gave me exactly what I paid for the C7 and sold it to another customer for a few thousand more than I paid for it. Car selling and buying is a strange business. Never know what to expect. Prices recently have been all over the place. I see lots of used C8's in the autotrader going for a lot more than they were new. I would think a used C7 with a manual transmission would be a hot commodity since they don't make a manual anymore.

thanks....I've got a deposit with Cullen. Haven't discussed trade or anything yet as I'm a year away, but also not willing to give my 19 up now as I want to keep driving it, and who knows if & when I'll ever get a C8 the way things are going.
The other option is to sell your C7 yourself and ask Cullen's to do a convenience deal to put the sale of your C7 through their dealership so you save the sales tax.

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
that sounds like a good option, not too familiar with that, but sounds like a good plan. Not sure how willing Dealers are for this?
Over the past 30 years, the dealer has accommodated me on a convenience deal every time I have asked. And I did a bit of a complicated one when I bought my C8 (I was in a different province from the dealer where I ordered the C8 and the purchaser of my C6 was in a different province again).

Reactions: butsy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.