Nov 28, 2016
VetteCoins
My 2016 Supercharged Z51 A8 will spin it's tires until I take my foot off the gas however, there's no way I can do a simple brake stand. With my foot planted on the brake pedal and gas pedal floored the tires start to spin then the motor craps out then revs up then craps out again.
Is this caused by the launch control? If it is, is there a setting which allows a brake stand?
Trying to determine if I need to get it tuned. Runs good otherwise.
Any advice.

My 2016 Supercharged Z51 A8 will spin it's tires until I take my foot off the gas however, there's no way I can do a simple brake stand. With my foot planted on the brake pedal and gas pedal floored the tires start to spin then the motor craps out then revs up then craps out again.
Is this caused by the launch control? If it is, is there a setting which allows a brake stand?
Trying to determine if I need to get it tuned. Runs good otherwise.
Any advice.

Ya... don’t do it. With no line lock this will shred your rear brakes.
1 push on your mode button should remove traction control and allow the car to spin the rears Rick. 2 quick pushes should remove the active handling as well if I remember right.

Ya... don’t do it. With no line lock this will shred your rear brakes.
1 push on your mode button should remove traction control and allow the car to spin the rears Rick. 2 quick pushes should remove the active handling as well if I remember right.
Thanks Derek, that's kind of a relief. Wasn't looking forward to getting it tuned.Your correct on the buttons. I'll stick to regular burnouts from now on.

Thanks Derek, that's kind of a relief. Wasn't looking forward to getting it tuned.Your correct on the buttons. I'll stick to regular burnouts from now on.

Regular burnout should not be any problem at all with your superray Rick.

With my M7 I just get it rolling then pop the throttle... wheels spin... play with throttle to moderate fwd speed. Tires gone. 😘

Regular burnout should not be any problem at all with your superray Rick.

With my M7 I just get it rolling then pop the throttle... wheels spin... play with throttle to moderate fwd speed. Tires gone. 😘
Rolling burnouts aren't a problem in fact it's a little scary at a 100. Lol. Will be practicing when the weather warms up a bit.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I never owned anything that can spin the wheels, and no desire to do so anyway , but could never see why guys do it ? I guess different strokes for different folks.

I never owned anything that can spin the wheels, and no desire to do so anyway , but could never see why guys do it ? I guess different strokes for different folks.

Absolutely Michael. You are the poster boy for that statement. However, I think if you tried.... both these Vettes of yours would spin them just fine. :thumbs:

Reactions: Rick9456
Absolutely Michael. You are the poster boy for that statement. However, I think if you tried.... both these Vettes of yours would spin them just fine. :thumbs:
.....I kinda doubt they would spin. They are nothing for jam compared to the Nailhead in my 38 , and the coupe I've rarely heard a tiny chirp from the 295/50's and it can't quite lift the front tires but it rockets pretty good....I'm just chicken to try the max not to break anything. My buddy that has the 76 StingRay last week wanted to try my Rosie so I let him drive . After a couple of miles of getting the feel of the car he made a U ball on the highway and stopped, I did not expect him to punch it but he did ( I didn't like that !! ) my shades flew off the dash and the stereo remote came out of the cubby hole under the radio and flew horizontally between us, but the tires never spun .

Reactions: ddgermann
.....I kinda doubt they would spin. They are nothing for jam compared to the Nailhead in my 38 , and the coupe I've rarely heard a tiny chirp from the 295/50's and it can't quite lift the front tires but it rockets pretty good....I'm just chicken to try the max not to break anything. My buddy that has the 76 StingRay last week wanted to try my Rosie so I let him drive . After a couple of miles of getting the feel of the car he made a U ball on the highway and stopped, I did not expect him to punch it but he did ( I didn't like that !! ) my shades flew off the dash and the stereo remote came out of the cubby hole under the radio and flew horizontally between us, but the tires never spun .

Sounds like they are hooking up good though with all that stuff flying at you. Frankly if your spinning.... you ain't winning. I rarely light up my tires but once a year on average I like to see the smoke rolling off them. That's from 30 years of having cars that couldn't do it and not enough $ to build one that could. (raising a family...priorities)
Now... I selfishly get to do whatever the hell I want. Still, I have my original tires on so have not got totally carried away.

I rarely light up my tires but once a year on average I like to see the smoke rolling off them.
... I can say you are also one of the best I know and have the pleasure of being in company with if perhaps the annual (on average😂) “smoke show” allows the release of anything more than just tire grip for ya ... 😁👍🏻
I may need to consider if a lifetime (on average) burnout might help me in any way 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
So I was heading out on a long trip and didn't want to replace tires (at list price?) on the journey. Hence my purchase and install before my trip... Hence having “free” rubber to burn at my leisure. Photo attached. 😝
B0603364-718E-4F3C-83AB-E46A56610258.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.