Loaded question. Depends on many factors. The good news is that GM has more or less committed to building all 2021 C8 orders that are at 3000 status and the expectation is that GM will extend the 2021 production time to achieve that, as was done for the 2020's. That's the "expectation" barring anything super weird happening to interrupt the parts supply chain more than it's already been interrupted.

But back to your main question. There's no easy answer:

-one factor is the type of C8 you've ordered. Some exterior colours and some of the different options will be produced faster than others. GM decides how to best sequence each C8 into the production line and your particular order may be pushed back due to your choices;
-your build may be delayed if (for example) you've ordered the front lift option and the parts for that particular option are delayed due to COVID affecting the supplier of those parts. GM may hold back production of your C8 waiting for those parts until at some point it decides to pull the plug and proceed with the build w/o giving you the option selected (ie. the front end lift option is deleted, likely after telling your dealer who will tell you...just using that as a possible example);
-your build may be delayed due to a general plant shut-down related to basic parts supply issues, as has already happened.

My suggestion is that you count yourself lucky you're at 3000 status (I assume your order is there) since you'll likely get your C8, unlike so many others who had 2021's that never got that far along and their orders are now going to be for 2022's. Congrats!

I'll ask that the "all knowledgeable Murray" chime in with what will likely be a far better informed response.

Loaded question. Depends on many factors. The good news is that GM has more or less committed to building all 2021 C8 orders that are at 3000 status and the expectation is that GM will extend the 2021 production time to achieve that, as was done for the 2020's. That's the "expectation" barring anything super weird happening to interrupt the parts supply chain more than it's already been interrupted.

But back to your main question. There's no easy answer:

-one factor is the type of C8 you've ordered. Some exterior colours and some of the different options will be produced faster than others. GM decides how to best sequence each C8 into the production line and your particular order may be pushed back due to your choices;
-your build may be delayed if (for example) you've ordered the front lift option and the parts for that particular option are delayed due to COVID affecting the supplier of those parts. GM may hold back production of your C8 waiting for those parts until at some point it decides to pull the plug and proceed with the build w/o giving you the option selected (ie. the front end lift option is deleted, likely after telling your dealer who will tell you...just using that as a possible example);
-your build may be delayed due to a general plant shut-down related to basic parts supply issues, as has already happened.

My suggestion is that you count yourself lucky you're at 3000 status (I assume your order is there) since you'll likely get your C8, unlike so many others who had 2021's that never got that far along and their orders are now going to be for 2022's. Congrats!

I'll ask that the "all knowledgeable Murray" chime in with what will likely be a far better informed response.
Great info. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.