Featured Thread

Luke 1967

Casual User
May 3, 2018
Saint-bruno QC
VetteCoins
Car
Tired of the snow removal?, this guy came up with a good idea!
!
Snow Removal.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Love your winterized Z06. That's the way we live in Canada! You could develop a Flyboy Corvette Winter Driving School. Ron Fellows could run it at his Mosport track.

The folks in Bowling Green need that photo on the production line.
I like those ideas.... The wife and I drove to Edmonton International Airport on Thurs to catch a flight to Vancouver, and we will heading back tomorrow.....Confidence is high 😎

Without the top of some description that is going to be cold and very quickly full of snow.
Many years ago a friend in Peterborough had a garage and also did snow plowing with his open Jeep. It was all he could afford to make a few extra bucks. If he was out for any length of time, he pretty much had to thaw himself out when he got home. It didn't seem to kill him. In his 80s and still going.

You have inspired me to consider winter tires for next year. Can
You have inspired me to consider winter tires for next year. Can't see a downside,

My fear would be,

1- The gravel on the roads. HUD windshields are pricey I’m guessing.

2- All the other idiots who don’t drive very well when the snow falls. The risk of someone plowing into you at an intersection or the guy behind you who didn’t put winters on his car and rear ending you. I see it all the time in my work travels come winter.

I’m quite content to leave mine hibernate a little longer. It’s been sitting since October 2 minus a short 57 km loop around the city 2 weeks ago to see if I remember how to work the clutch pedal. And by the looks of this weeks forecast,,,,,

My fear would be,

1- The gravel on the roads. HUD windshields are pricey I’m guessing.
When I was checking out used Corvettes way back when the first one had had his HUD windshield changed out because it cracked. It was not a new car so he paid for it. Close to $2K to change out.

Last edited:
2- All the other idiots who don’t drive very well when the snow falls. The risk of someone plowing into you at an intersection or the guy behind you who didn’t put winters on his car and rear ending you. I see it all the time in my work travels come winter.

All of those, but especially this! I love to drive my Vette, but I wouldn't want to get hit by anything bigger than a bicycle in any kind of an accident. I drive it in good weather conditions with at least a hope of being able to get out of the way of something if I need to. Winter is the eliminator of all things.

On the same token, a winter time closed-circuit competition like a snow or ice autocross (which I have been to a few, but not with the Vette) would be a blast, and a completely different story.

Reactions: LE BARON
On the same token, a winter time closed-circuit competition like a snow or ice autocross (which I have been to a few, but not with the Vette) would be a blast, and a completely different story.

The Calgary sports car club still does the ice track on Ghost lake every January. My work partner from 2 summers ago takes his tweeked out VW Jetta out there every winter. If you haven’t seen that before,it’s worth a look. I’ve been out there a few times and had some good laughs. Got to see 2 lambo Gallardos with studded snow tires turning some pretty quick laps.

Reactions: LE BARON
When at the Spring Mountain Corvette Owners School recently, I asked some of the instructors (all young guys of course) what they thought of driving the car in winter. Their reply was consistent - the Corvette is not a pure summer car - drive it in any weather as long as you have the right tires and consider the road conditions as well as your skills. They also recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 tire for 3 season driving. One instructor remarked that one clue is that Michelin makes winter tires in the size required. The Corvette Owners Manual contains a section on winter driving and describes the 'rocking method' to extricate the car from snow :nailbiting:. Must be a copy/paste from the Silverado manual.

I'll let you know when we approach November 2019 if my thinking remains aligned for winter use of my beautiful Stingray.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.