I was going to cut and paste that entire article on our site so everyone could read it, but, maybe it wouldn't be so funny.

Interestingly, credit is given in every instance to the source. I agree with you that having articles and links on different sites creates extra traffic to the original site where they normally would not have had those viewers.

This is something we will have to watch out for.

Thanks Ashur.

I was going to cut and paste that entire article on our site so everyone could read it, but, maybe it wouldn't be so funny.

Interestingly, credit is given in every instance to the source. I agree with you that having articles and links on different sites creates extra traffic to the original site where they normally would not have had those viewers.

This is something we will have to watch out for.

Thanks Ashur.

You dare to tread in dangerous waters? LOL

Glad to help out, would hate to see any other Corvette sites get sued. We have taken some precautions ourselves based on our legal counsel's advise.
However, on behalf of my employer, we grant Canadian Corvette Forums creative commons license to any and all works at CorvetteMafia.com and all of your members may post links to us with no issues. We ain't gonna sue nobody! LOL

Thanks

-Ashur

I was a journalist for over 20 years and this just SLAYS me! With all the trouble conventional newspapers are in, I would think they would relish having extra traffic generated for their website, in turn exposing the newcomrs to online ads, which in turn would drive up website numbers, allowing them to charge more!

As stated, in every case I've seen, full credit was given. To me it would be a different story if the blogger or website just cut and pasted the story with no allowance for credit.

However, I guess the law is written in such a way that people are not allowed to copy or link, no matter if credit is given or not. It's too bad, really, because everyone wins by allowing the practice to go on, especially if done in a manner respectful to the copyright holder and to the author.

You dare to tread in dangerous waters? LOL

Glad to help out, would hate to see any other Corvette sites get sued. We have taken some precautions ourselves based on our legal counsel's advise.
However, on behalf of my employer, we grant Canadian Corvette Forums creative commons license to any and all works at CorvetteMafia.com and all of your members may post links to us with no issues. We ain't gonna sue nobody! LOL

Thanks

-Ashur
so what does this mean? .... Terms of Service | CMNB - Corvette Mafia News Blog

Did you catch the last part of that article? I think there might be a little more then just copyright infringement at stake, here. They want to also, and I'm paraphrasing, take ownership of the defendants domain names as well. :nono:

Off the record, Corvette Forum is a great resource due to the number of people on their site. I wish we had 1/10th the number of their members so we could help people out better/quicker.

With that said, I enjoy being here as I find people more friendly and if there is ever an issue with a car, Manny is always on the ball with technical advise...we just need a local Manny in Saskatchewan...and if I ever get a house with a proper garage, maybe ECP will be looking to expand?:D

Off the record, Corvette Forum is a great resource due to the number of people on their site. I wish we had 1/10th the number of their members so we could help people out better/quicker.

With that said, I enjoy being here as I find people more friendly and if there is ever an issue with a car, Manny is always on the ball with technical advise...we just need a local Manny in Saskatchewan...and if I ever get a house with a proper garage, maybe ECP will be looking to expand?:D

Actually this statement is pretty funny-you had some pretty experienced tech's on here at one time and you were quick to issue the "ban" stick.

There knowledge on these cars far surpassed what we currently have on here-with a proven record to boot!

Then we have tech's here installing underdrive pulley's with supercharger kits and wondering why the power output is so low-just one example.

FWIW-most folks just sit back, don't bother joining and just laugh at some of the posts made. They figure why bother joining-ther just going to get banned anyway-so what makes this site any better than the rest?

I guess I'm going to get banned for this as well I take it?

So much for freedom of speech.

^^^ WOW... you valued contribution to the forum is welcomed ^^^

FWIW I've never found any information on here that the other beloved forum's wealth of experts have offered contradictory advice anywhere else... be it "the other forum"

I have nothing against freedom of speech but that does not grant anyone the right to be-little or verbally insult someone else. Above free speech we all have the right to exist here, there or anywhere without people insulting or mocking us.

IMHO if it was up to me, I would ban you and anyone else that uses the right of free speech to hide behind as a blanket whilst they throw insults at others.

No-one even said anything BAD about the other forum in fact the mod actually complimented the other forum as a great resource. With people like you, no wonder I can't remember my login name for the other place.

Good morning from Western Canada all LOLLLL

In my defence.

I totally agree with you that we have had members with a lot of experience that have been banned.

I do not understand what you are talking about calling me quick to issue the ban stick. We have only banned a couple people and those members who got banned, were banned from their actions alone. The decision to ban those members was NOT taken lightly or quickly. I believe it took three warnings and a couple weeks before they were booted. Then (if I know what member you are talking about) they violated their ban by coming on here with a new user name and caused more issues before their ban period was up.

I realize we are not perfect. I know of an instance where another member was banned, however, in this unfortunate situation, the mod realized what they had done and removed themselves from this site. I think that speaks to the quality of character we have of the people on here.

How dare you say that I will ban you! I appreciate that you took the time to come on here and voice your opinion. I'm not saying that you are wrong with what you have said, but if someone says something about this forum that I disagree with, that is something I have to listen to and address as somewhere that person got that impression. Despite what I think, it is a totally valid opinion and something I have to consider as others may be thinking the same thing.

I do not understand why you are attacking the forum, myself, or our members. I assume you are a friend of the banned member and are disappointed about him not being on the forum? I am sorry for that but I did not ban him "just because".

Lastly, if people come on here just to laugh at the mistakes of others and not offer constructive advise, that is fine. Those are people that I don't want on here. However, if they wish to come on here to share their knowledge and act within the rules set out by the forum, they are more than welcome. You are welcome here. Just voice your opinion or thoughts in a constructive, respectful way and respect will be shown back.

In my defence.

I totally agree with you that we have had members with a lot of experience that have been banned.

I do not understand what you are talking about calling me quick to issue the ban stick. We have only banned a couple people and those members who got banned, were banned from their actions alone. The decision to ban those members was NOT taken lightly or quickly. I believe it took three warnings and a couple weeks before they were booted. Then (if I know what member you are talking about) they violated their ban by coming on here with a new user name and caused more issues before their ban period was up.

I realize we are not perfect. I know of an instance where another member was banned, however, in this unfortunate situation, the mod realized what they had done and removed themselves from this site. I think that speaks to the quality of character we have of the people on here.

How dare you say that I will ban you! I appreciate that you took the time to come on here and voice your opinion. I'm not saying that you are wrong with what you have said, but if someone says something about this forum that I disagree with, that is something I have to listen to and address as somewhere that person got that impression. Despite what I think, it is a totally valid opinion and something I have to consider as others may be thinking the same thing.

I do not understand why you are attacking the forum, myself, or our members. I assume you are a friend of the banned member and are disappointed about him not being on the forum? I am sorry for that but I did not ban him "just because".

Lastly, if people come on here just to laugh at the mistakes of others and not offer constructive advise, that is fine. Those are people that I don't want on here. However, if they wish to come on here to share their knowledge and act within the rules set out by the forum, they are more than welcome. You are welcome here. Just voice your opinion or thoughts in a constructive, respectful way and respect will be shown back.

I appreciate the reply, maybe one day we can get the banned members back on here and help increase the traffic. The more knowledge the better-but I agree the cat fights are useless to all.
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.