Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
Hi guys, a question for these more knowledgeable than I. When I bought my Grand sport back in 17' it came with the Z07 pckge which includes ceramic brakes. Recently, while I am cruising along, a "Brakes Worn" message showed up on my dash. My brakes were working fine and shortly thereafter I deleted it. Once home I did a quick inspection of the pads on all 4 wheels (did not remove wheels but you can clearly see that there is a ton of meat on the pads and the rotors are like new. (I have a bit over 24000kms on car). Well, today, the message pops up again and the brakes are certainly working as they should, so I once again deleted the message. I will bring it in for an inspection but was wondering if anyone else has come across this...... in fairness, they do tend to squeal at times but that has been going on since new. I did bring it in for servicing twice in the first 2 yrs to see if they could eliminate the squealing but unfortunately it always comes back. If anyone can steer me in the right direction or has come across this issue, I would love to hear what you did.....

Hey Paul:

This is not an uncommon problem with the Z07 package and often ends up being a defective sensor. The thinking is that the additional heat generated by the CCBs may cause premature failure of one, or more, sensor / wiring harness.

If the rotors are in good shape and there's lots of material left on the pads, my guess would be a defective sensor.

The squealing may be a result of pad glazing which can result from improper pad bedding / burnishing. You might want to perform the burnishing procedure (see the owner's manual) again to see if that helps. You could also ask your servicing agent to inspect the pads and, if they are glazed, deglaze them. If you do that you would need to perform the burnishing procedure afterwards.

Best of luck
Ross

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
As per my prior (above) post, I am receiving the Brakes Worn message on my Grand Sport again. Car now has a bit over 25000kms and no track usage. It stops just fine and visually there appears to be plenty of meat on the pads and the rotors have zero scoring or hot spots. Pretty frustrating. When I have time I shall remove one set of pads from the front and one from the rear just to ensure that the pads are indeed in good shape. If they are I shall remove the message with my friends scanner..... Any suggestion or thoughts from anyone who may have hat the same issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.