That looks like a good read, thanks for the link! Speaking of brakes, I got a complete set of new rotors and pads for my C5 from E Bay for only $152 CDN! They are made in Canada too, and shipped from North York, so there was no brokerage fees, just $60 for shipping and they arrived at my house within 48 hours of ordering! They are just regular rotors, not cross drilled or anything, and the pads aren't ceramic, but they do claim to be low dusting (hopefully that's not a lie, I currently have ceramics all around and I love the fact that my chrome wheels stay clean for a very long time, the OEM pads left so much dust that I needed to clean the wheels every single day!)

ebay rotors are great if you race a lot too, you can just run them hard and throw out at the end of the day for the price, cause they will be junk by the end of the day. but you got to get good pads regarless. i wouldnt get cheap rotors for the street unless you drive like a grandma. its quality of metal that you pay for, and its impossible to tell if they're good or poor by looking at them.

- kons

ebay rotors are great if you race a lot too, you can just run them hard and throw out at the end of the day for the price, cause they will be junk by the end of the day. but you got to get good pads regarless. i wouldnt get cheap rotors for the street unless you drive like a grandma. its quality of metal that you pay for, and its impossible to tell if they're good or poor by looking at them.

I really don't drive my car that hard though, at least not in terms of braking. I rarely get on the binders super hard and I will never road race this car (not as long as it's my only car anyhow, I can't afford to smash it up!)

That looks like a good read, thanks for the link! Speaking of brakes, I got a complete set of new rotors and pads for my C5 from E Bay for only $152 CDN! They are made in Canada too, and shipped from North York, so there was no brokerage fees, just $60 for shipping and they arrived at my house within 48 hours of ordering! They are just regular rotors, not cross drilled or anything, and the pads aren't ceramic, but they do claim to be low dusting (hopefully that's not a lie, I currently have ceramics all around and I love the fact that my chrome wheels stay clean for a very long time, the OEM pads left so much dust that I needed to clean the wheels every single day!)

That's unreal!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.