Racer66

Casual User
Jan 21, 2015
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Stingray
Last summer picked up an 08 ZHZ. The calipers are original but the rotors have been replace and are not slotted or cross drilled etc. Looking to see what you folks have done for brake upgrades?:driving:

I did some slotted and drilled braked in my C6, along with calipers that were painted, pads, and braided lines. Only complaint is a slight squeak when applying medium pressure. Part of me thinks I should bring them back to the installer, but they haven't been used too much and I think it might be a part of breaking them in. Anyone have suggestions?

Anyways, the rotors I have came from Manny. They were made by Brembo, but under a different name--which currently escapes me. I'm sure he can remember if you ask. Price was reasonable for sure. Might as well upgrade rotors, as their never that bad unless you go with the super high-end stuff.

I went from the Z51 and installed a Wilwood 14" BBk. The BBK looks better but as far as stopping power, the stock Z51 is every bit as good. This BBK took some extensive wheel mods along with a rear wide body. Just saying, other than looks, no reason to do anything other than the stock Z51 as was previously mentioned. JMHO.
Good luck

Reactions: Tinman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread