I had wanted to take care of this the last couple of years but never got around to it when I had installed my Jake performance intake with Weapon X air tube. When you remove the stock air tube there is one bracket you lose when you go with the Weapon X tube. The bracket secures a clip that holds the 2 blower intercooler hoses from moving around too much as seen in the picture below:

I started with a cardboard template and came up with this contraption:

Template mocked up on engine:

Then from Metal Supermarket, a piece of T6061 Alum flatstock 1/8" thick, 1" wide, just over 9" long and following the general bends of the template came up with this (after a lot of precise measuring + trial and error):

Final test fitting:

Fits like a glove, clears the factory CF Supercharger Cover, surrounding hoses and now those driver side intercooler brick hoses are securely held down. Bracket is now currently drying with a few coats of paint and I need to find a nut to secure it on top (believe it is a M8x1mm thread which I will get from my buddies shop tomorrow) and I can button this down.

Not a big deal of a mod being it's all about a bracket but I like things to be like they were and nothing missing just because I change certain parts and those items don't account for what is there from original.

Big shout out to the GF for doing some grinding and notching on the bracket via dremel and bench grinder, she's into that stuff at work and I DO NOT have the patience for that.....................she did a great job.

Tony

Last edited:
No yellow, black yes if I had the spray can available. I had purchased a can of bright gloss orange paint when I pulled off the rear sway bar from my daily, cleaned off the grime and surface rust and painted it that colour (didn't want to do the normal red, black). So that's the colour I had and honestly I actually thought the SC cover would hide it completely but it didn't so Oh well.......................

Nothing wrong with a little colour splash under there, especially the enormous amount of time I spent fabbing the friggin thing LOL I guess I wanted it to stand out a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20221025_122824.jpg
    IMG_20221025_122824.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
No yellow, black yes if I had the spray can available. I had purchased a can of bright orange paint when I pulled off the rear sway bar from my daily, cleaned off the grime and surface rust and painted it that colour (didn't want to do the normal red, black). So that's the colour I had and honestly I actually thought the SC cover would hide it completely but it didn't so Oh well.......................

Nothing wrong with a little colour splash under there, especially the enormous amount of time I spent fabbing the friggin thing LOL I guess I wanted it to stand out a bit.
Still looks good. You did a good job. Paint the air intake cover the same and it will all tie together. :angelic:

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.