This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bowling Green ZR1 unveil celebration today

Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
Today the car was officially unveiled to the plant employees with all the details about the car that they didn’t know. Here are some photos sent to me from one of my sources.

Attachments

• IMG_9491.jpeg
    755.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9503.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9517.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9496.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9513.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9519.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9510.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Today the car was officially unveiled to the plant employees with all the details about the car that they didn’t know. Here are some photos sent to me from one of my sources.

Scott,
You've always seemingly got your 'finger on the pulse' of the guys at G.M.
Why is it that only the coupe has the vents on top of the rear fenders?
How much is actually lost in ratings by not having the aero package?

The ZR1 convertible will have the same heat vent exhaust for the engine as your car has. I heard that they couldn't run the fender top cooling the same way
in the convertible due to the moving roof. I can dig more into it for you. The highest speed ZR1 is the one with the non-aero package. Can you define "ratings"
or do you mean speed? The aero package will be available separately without the track package.

Reactions: Red Devil

No need to wake up the Engineers at G.M. on this one - I will worry about it in a few years when/if I get a call.
I was just curious as to how much of the 'stuff' was purely for high speed tracking (which is definitely not me).
My guess is that the performance/handling gains offered by installing the aero package is completely indiscernible, save for the most experienced of track drivers going 'full out'.
In other words, for the average guy, it's an aesthetic issue (sorry, but I'm not a high-wing fan).

Reactions: 1st Vette
Not sure if you have every had a Corvette up to 200 mph, but the back end gets a little loose and you get this side to side swaying.
The high downforce helps to limit this and that is why there has been talk about active aero on this car for high speed runs but it wasn't announced. Maybe Zora?
I found in the Stingray the car felt more planted with the Z51 spoiler at speeds of 225 kph and above compared to the high wing where I got more swaying.
The ZR1 will reach 350 kph, so unless your planning on going full out, your right it's an aesthetic issue for how you want your car to look as most will not
be willing to get their car anywhere near those speeds.
GM still has final high speed testing to do on the ZR1, but they will not be using the big wing to get the top speed final figures.

Funny how the C6 cracked 200mph with no big wang.