Featured Thread
Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
Six days ago I ordered a set of Race Ramps Flatstoppers, today they arrived and my car now sits atop them. I had my own diy version but these are the real deal. They come in different sizes and I opted for the large (14" wide) to ensure the 335's in the rear would fit nicely, and they do. Car sits for abt 4mos a year so I figured why not. When this Vette eventually goes, something else with large tires that will also sit for 4 mos will surely replace it. The product is very light but appears extremely sturdy!

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 52
Six days ago I ordered a set of Race Ramps Flatstoppers, today they arrived and my car now sits atop them. I had my own diy version but these are the real deal. They come in different sizes and I opted for the large (14" wide) to ensure the 335's in the rear would fit nicely, and they do. Car sits for abt 4mos a year so I figured why not. When this Vette eventually goes, something else with large tires that will also sit for 4 mos will surely replace it. The product is very light but appears extremely sturdy!
Not sure one has to do this anymore with modern tires: I have never had a problem with tires after sitting in my garage for 4 months: 4th corvette & a Shelby GT500 later - IMHO for what that is worth. I think we get marketed to death on a lot of this stuff?

Reactions: ccltj
I didn't think my new tires would get flat spots either but I had my new car parked for nearly 6 months on cement and now it takes about 2km of driving before the shaking stops. Once the tires are warmed up the flat spots disappear. I always park on plywood now or try to move the vehicle a little if possible. It has never been an issue with cars parked in the quonset because that is a dirt floor and it gives a little under the weight of the car.

Reactions: ccltj
Here's a hack I read and it may have been posted here a few years back and I have used it every year when storing my car for the winter. Use a 2'×8' sheet of polystyrene insulation. Cut it into 4 pieces and park the car on them. I never have had any flat spot issues after sitting for roughly 4-5 months. It's very inexpensive but if you're worried about looks then drop the money down on the Flatstoppers.

Here's a hack I read and it may have been posted here a few years back and I have used it every year when storing my car for the winter. Use a 2'×8' sheet of polystyrene insulation. Cut it into 4 pieces and park the car on them. I never have had any flat spot issues after sitting for roughly 4-5 months. It's very inexpensive but if you're worried about looks then drop the money down on the Flatstoppers.
Like this ? Labeled so I know which ones to use next winter !! Lol.

67F16FF8-1568-45BE-BD76-7FA27D9CF488.jpeg
E2B7C794-F477-4B1B-94BE-A9D591048D86.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: ccltj and tinman3
You got it! Do you find it works we'll?There's also another type that's not as dense but probably won't last as long but $20 for a sheet sure is a lot less than $330.
Works great Tinman3. Did exactly what you did. I bought 4 2x2 pieces of those wooden floor things (can’t recall what they’re called) and lag bolted the foam onto them with 7 bolts. Left one side clean so the tire doesn’t roll over it. I have 4, 1/2 inch pieces of plywood to use as a “ramp” so to speak. And the styro is warm to the touch all winter. Works great.

Reactions: ccltj and tinman3
Well I did make my own diy "flatstoppers" based on dense foam and 1/2" carpet tile beneath it held together by two way tape and it did work well. However, as a precaution, due to the softness of the sticky 335's in the rear I thought the flatstoppers were not that big of a deal to purchase. Nice to see that there is some ingenuity within the group. C'mon... we all spend some $$ on accesories dont we? LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
I've been using styrofoam for years. Built a frame to contain it and ramped the leading edge a bit. Glued no-slip cupboard liner to the bottom so it doesn't skid forward when i drive up on it and voila`. Done like dinner. Has worked great.
DSCN5355.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread