XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
VetteCoins
Province
SK
Been watching this 81 cadillac all summer on kijiji cause it has a 5.7 Olds diesel , asking 1200 . Recently it went down to 800 cause now the tranny went in it and has some wiring issues with windows, dash etc. Nice day 2day so I hooked up the trailer and drove to 97 km one way to look at it. Only second time using the trailer since I bought a few months ago plus I installed a 10,000 winch inside with a remote control so I thought this would be a nice try to see how it works. All I really want is the engine , plus the radio is the same ETR that is in my Corvette so that is a plus. Car is no cream puff , but seems to run ok and apparantly was rebuilt 90km ago, and I see it has ARP head studs so that is worth $150 alone and is a good sign. He said 500 is ok so I bought it. The remote winch setup worked great, I was impressed how slick it is. Oh, in the trunk was another same ETR radio so that was a bonus . Battery in camera was low and I hardly got any pics, but trailer works great , wish I had one years ago.

81 Cadillac Diesel Nov 20 2016.JPG

81 cad Dzel nov 20 2016.JPG

81 Cadillac nov 20 2016.JPG

there's a great pic of the 49 in "Media", sitting in front of Michael's garage with some of his vintage sign memorabilia collection he has too....

thought I had a few pics of it someplace on site but I can't find them, maybe I didn't post it since not really Vette stuff, but here are a few; Has the Olds 5.7 diesel, 200R4 , Hurst Lightning Rods, 56 Chrysler guages , shaved door handles in and out , remote control windows and doors, 80 cutlass front clip , 81 GP diff 2.29 gears , one piece oak floor, and a few of my custom tricks here and there, 9 years to build. makes 40-45 mpg . I made it from about 10 or 12 different trucks and cars.

5.jpg

7.jpg

14.jpg

19.JPG

10.JPG

15.JPG

26.jpg

IM008491.JPG

IM008499.JPG

IM008501.JPG

IM000578.JPG

IM000402.JPG

IM000400.JPG

IM008349.JPG

IM008300.JPG

IM008710.JPG

IM008713.JPG

IM000590.JPG

No Plugs.jpg

Last edited:
Once again Michael.... WOW! That's all I got to show my respect for your dedication.... And this is only one in your great stable of enviable vehicles....:worship::worship:

...Thanks ChevyGirl. The truck took me 9 years to build. I'm not one for copying others so try do my own thing. The doors are opened from the outside by remote control only. From inside I put a switch on the console to open them. The windows, same thing , remote from outside and a console switch from the inside. It's like same idea that vehicles today have with power locks...open from a distance away, except I got strong solenoids tripping the door latch. Windows are homemade combo of 76 grand Marquis rear door motors/mech mated with the original 49 mechanical mech run by relays. Ahhh the color. Everyone thought I was nuts crazy in the head for picking this color. In 2004 a semi pulled into my yard to haul grain for me. It was a 2002 White Freightliner. I was abit stunned that this was a highway hauler. I am pretty good at seeing things what they will look like far ahead of time. This color on my 49 would be different and no one else has around that I ever seen. Green glass, chrome, cragars ahhh yes I think it will suit the body style. Ends up it is a special order color that PPG canada could not even mix , called Light Amethyst Pearl Metallic. The pictures don't do it justice but it is unique. I painted some interior parts and other brackets etc, but the body my friend did over a 3 year period, yes painted in pieces over 3 years as I could afford and prepare it. He did not want to spray this color. I could only get this color from Dupont in Imron, very expensive stuff as it is a industrial paint for trains trucks etc. When they opened the can one guy almost threw up and they said I was making a mistake as it is sick. Well they did not see what I saw so he sprayed it. I did all the wet sanding and polishing, many hours as this stuff is like cement to work with. Anyways my first Car Show I took it to was Saskatoon Draggins 2014. From the moment I started setting it up people just kept coming up, especially women and asking what color is that ? People just loved it as it was so different and just suits the truck. It won first in Custom Truck and top honor as Best Of Show out of over 200 entries. No one laughs at the color now, even the painter admits that it looks good.

Hualing Wheat May 18-04 007.jpg

...Thanks ChevyGirl. The truck took me 9 years to build. I'm not one for copying others so try do my own thing. The doors are opened from the outside by remote control only. From inside I put a switch on the console to open them. The windows, same thing , remote from outside and a console switch from the inside. It's like same idea that vehicles today have with power locks...open from a distance away, except I got strong solenoids tripping the door latch. Windows are homemade combo of 76 grand Marquis rear door motors/mech mated with the original 49 mechanical mech run by relays. Ahhh the color. Everyone thought I was nuts crazy in the head for picking this color. In 2004 a semi pulled into my yard to haul grain for me. It was a 2002 White Freightliner. I was abit stunned that this was a highway hauler. I am pretty good at seeing things what they will look like far ahead of time. This color on my 49 would be different and no one else has around that I ever seen. Green glass, chrome, cragars ahhh yes I think it will suit the body style. Ends up it is a special order color that PPG canada could not even mix , called Light Amethyst Pearl Metallic. The pictures don't do it justice but it is unique. I painted some interior parts and other brackets etc, but the body my friend did over a 3 year period, yes painted in pieces over 3 years as I could afford and prepare it. He did not want to spray this color. I could only get this color from Dupont in Imron, very expensive stuff as it is a industrial paint for trains trucks etc. When they opened the can one guy almost threw up and they said I was making a mistake as it is sick. Well they did not see what I saw so he sprayed it. I did all the wet sanding and polishing, many hours as this stuff is like cement to work with. Anyways my first Car Show I took it to was Saskatoon Draggins 2014. From the moment I started setting it up people just kept coming up, especially women and asking what color is that ? People just loved it as it was so different and just suits the truck. It won first in Custom Truck and top honor as Best Of Show out of over 200 entries. No one laughs at the color now, even the painter admits that it looks good.

View attachment 6929
Thanks for sharing!!! What a creative, unique, completely original labour of love! The top custom truck honor is so well deserved. In pics, it reads more to the grey than lavender. I think it should be dubbed 'Japanese Eggplant Metallic'! It'd be the perfect hue for a C1... or C2 with metallic gunmetal grey coves...

Yeah the color changes with the light. The darker outside it looks more purple. The more light it gets abit more silver. But hard to capture with a camera , the pearl and metallics is best seen up close.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.